Zombie First go at sculpting something.

koma

Ive not sculpted anything of worth since school ( 20 years ago ) and recently decided to give it a go after realizing i cant afford to buy expensive models of stuff i like, especially as i have a new baby.

Id like some critique though, as obviously my nearest and dearest are biased.

the medium is super sculpey and its a bust of a zombie.

35ls2hg.jpg

another angle
35aolsl.jpg

Last edited:

decided to have a go at something non organic, which is something that generally scares me as i know the smallest non symetrical detail will make it look wrong,

it still needs a lot of work and I'm finding being so small that getting details right is pretty hard. ill know for next time, not to do something as small.

16axx6q.jpg

You have some talent there, love the zombie, especially the paint. Great rotten tones on it. Stormtrooper looks great as well, very crisp for such a small scale. Keep up the good work.

The stormtrooper is very cool. I have not dared to do anything nonorganic yet so that is very impressive. I have mostly done Lovecraft stuff so symmetry has not been an issue at all, I just add another tentacle instead =)

Will the stormtrooper be a bust or do you plan on making the body to?

Thanks for the kind words folks, The stormtrooper is going to be a bust, its for my girlfriends dad hes also a huge star wars fan, I was hoping to get the armor done and it all painted this weekend but i came down with a bug and couldn't concentrate on anything.

ill post the completed bust when its done though.

Has anyone used DAS air drying clay ? I'm contemplating doing a 1:1 of a head or cowl and my local shop sells this stuff cheap and I was wondering if its any good.

If it is i take it just throwing a polythene bag over it between sessions of working on it will prevent it drying out ? or is there other care tips ?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back