Zeon Officer Cadet (Combat) MS Gundam: The Origin (Ep. 3)

DoubleCanister

Who knows if this will go anywhere as I come up with a lot of ideas and don't do a whole lot.

I've liked Gundam for a long tie and the Cadet Combat uniforms/equipment in Episode 3 of The Origin series caught my eye.
1585427357525.png

Some concept art which shows the equipment more clearly.
1585427389205.png

1585427405080.png

I am planning to make the following:
-Uniform Blouse and Trousers (Base on Bundeswehr Flecktarn or JGSDF Dot Camo)
-Helmet (From Scratch or cut up an airsoft helmet)
-Flak vest/Dress (Seriously, it goes down ridiculously far but I kind of like it) (From Scratch)
-Patrol Cap (maybe) (From Scratch)
-Boots (Probably add some gator-ish looking things to some generic combat boots).
-Basic Belt setup
-One magazine pouch (Right front) (From Scratch)
-Two short pouches (Left side) (From Scratch)
-One Larger pouch mounted on rear of belt (From Scratch)
-Belt (From Scratch or use a US Army surplus LC-1 belt as a base).
-Bayonet/Scabbard (From Scratch or base off of an airsoft rubber M9 Bayonet)
-Canteen (I am on the fence about this. It doesn't show up on the basic belt setup in the art or anime, but I like to collect military surplus and basic common sense dictates that a canteen should be on the basic belt setup). (scratch or base off of US Army ALICE canteen cover body)
-Gas Mask can (somewhat in the same boat as the canteen, but less likely). (scratch)
-Combat Pack (It looks cool and the idea of interfacing with the armor vest seems interesting/torturous to incorporate) (scratch)
-
1585427756641.png

The Uniform:
1585428221567.png

The first two camouflages that came to mind were:

Flecktarn
1585428264863.png

1585428291801.png

And Japanese Ground Self Defense Force Dot:
1585428332688.png

The only required pockets seen in the anime on the uniforms are trouser cargo pockets, which both uniforms have.

I posted an earlier thread regarding this issue. Initially I leaned more JGSDF dot because the shade of colors generally seems a better match. Also, a lot of Japanese anime tend to take the JGSDF as a reference.

I am starting to shift towards flecktarn though. The anime camouflage has 2 different shades of green while the JGSDF dot has a green and khaki. I'll probably try and find a flecktarn uniform that just has more green patterns on it.
(I will probably modify the pockets as well. Exposed snaps and square flap chest pockets don't do it for me).

I contemplated using a plastic PASGT helmet as a base, but in the end I just decided use pepakura it. I don't know much about CAD so my model probably looks pretty janky.
1585433608059.png

1585433664091.png

1585433686343.png

1585433700246.png

I based the dimensions on the plastic PASGT helmet I had. I have no idea if it will actually fit right.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back