Zabana´s Iron Man WIP - BOOTS FINISHED - Page 13 (NEW LEG PAGE 14)

Re: First Spanish Iron Man costume (I guess...)

sorry, i tell zabana speakme in spanish because he is spanish and i am too, and my english is so bad, but i repeat, " sorry "

Thanks to all. I was a little busy. Some changes at home and the job hehehe. But I was wasting some time in the armor. I want to cast both arms and the torso in the next two or three weeks and move on the legs and cod. With no more delays here are new pics:

Hi!

I was wasting some freetime in design a hinge system for the first Dungebeetle helmet. Now is in an obj file that must be translated into pepakuras one. I can not spend more time on it but the "hard work" was done.

Once the system were build will need some minor fix in one specific zone that it´s marked on the image with the red pointer.

No more words, there is the system:

The system all in place

Initial and final position

Problematic point

dungebeettle hinge.rar

In the file are a few elements:

The only element that is not in first pic is only to print in paper and mark the position for element 1

Elements 1,2 and 3 must be done in some kind of plastic sheet, for mine I used 3 milimetters one wich is bendable where it´s needed to do.

Element 4 must be done with CNC machine or do in pepakura and fill with resin. I suggest to merge element 3 and 4 to use 3 screws then the face will be taken when necessary.

The one who be brave enough to do the rest of the job must made a mirror in piece number 4.

Don´t hesitate if anyone of you have any question :cool

Hope this system works and helps someone. If someone do the pepakura please send me the file to add too.

Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - New hynge system for pepakura helmet and torso upd

Exiting progress of the suit. it looks very nice and looks like you taken allot of time to get it right. The hinge system is also intresting. Its amazing how many solutions can come from solving the same issue of opening a faceplate :D

Re: Spanish Iron Man costume WIP - New hynge system for pepakura helmet and torso upd

Very nice, good of you to post that up and so quick after we talked. :cool:thumbsup

Thanks Guys!

I am really spending a huge amount of my freetime in this proyect. Not always it´s return me all satifactions I deserve but I try not to fall down and maintain a good spirit. My goal is go to the IM2 premiere with my costume but probably it wouldn´t happen because it´s slow progress for me working alone, but hey, it really doesn´t matter, I will go to all comic cons later too.

About the hynge system, yes, it was quickly, once I had done mine to modify the idea for this helmet wasn´t to hard. Hope someone do and test it.

I was thinking in another solution, it was to put the hinge on top of the head, but the problem there is to move with a servo the faceplate. If the helmet is bigger enough can be put on top and the servo´s arm will move directly the plate. But I don´t know how much free space are in your helmets in this area...

put the hinge on top of the head, but the problem there is to move with a servo the faceplate. If the helmet is bigger enough can be put on top and the servo´s arm will move directly the plate. But I don´t know how much free space are in your helmets in this area...

this was my idea as well

and it works.

Wow, that´s pretty good! Have you got any pic of that to see in a real case how it works?

I'm going to make a tutorial to show everyone once its finalized.

Not really. Just not done.

I'd also would rather share it with everyone on my own personal build than privately with a select few.

Last edited:

These are very good news for all of us that are working in the proyect :D

Not really. Just not done.

I'd also would rather share it with everyone on my own personal build than privately with a select few.

I understand. Well if you need help with anything you know im here to help.

Not a real update but something to show. I was playing with rhino and this was what come out :

I need to finish for pepakura :cool

The best way to make the center hinge system work would be to use a reduction gear set. Gearing would be the only way to make this work, especially if you use a servo. With enough gears in it you could make it thin enough to fit in the helmet. Also the arms would have to pivot horizontally to facilitate smoother movement.

Otherwise a normal motor would work with switches on the top and bottom to make the motor stop at each end. I'll draw up some concepts that I've been thinking about for a few months now and try and post tomorrow.

Gearing would be the only way to make this work, especially if you use a servo..

I've been working on the entire servo system for every moving part of my suit that I have chosen to actually move for the past month now (this includes the helmet) and...

I kindly disagree with you. :)

I've tested everything now with scratch built test parts and the results were more than satisfactory

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back