YOUTUBE CHANGES?!?!

Holy sh1t this is murder you guys aren’t kidding.. a ad every 2 minutes, literally every 2 minutes!!

So you're saying there are ads on Youtube? I never see any, unless it's part of the video itself.

Adblock people. It won't help with Roku or anything else that uses it's own OS, but any browser has free adblock extensions that work. The Enhancer for YouTube extension also blocks ads, and lets you whitelist channels you want to support.

I’m using the same ad blocker as others here and it’s not working. Last night I was watching video editing videos and every 2 minutes and 30 seconds hit me with the same damn add..

12 bucks a month and I don’t have to deal with this crap…I’m about to jump on it

I still don't know what I'm doing differently to you guys - I'm running Firefox and AdBlock Plus, and my Youtube is a dream: No ads, no interruptions.

I do however curate my home feed and regularly delete my watch history, so if anything I don't like is recommended to me, I click the stop showing me this channel, and no more will it bother me or my recommendations. Haven't had issues in months.

ive been messing with the "ad" functions like a couple people have mentioned and MINE has only gotten worse, last night I was watching a vid on "upcoming sci-fi movies in 2022" and about 2 minutes in I got an ad.... it was over 30 MINUTES LONG!! it had Jodie sweetin (the middle daughter from full house) it was a full 1/2 hour infomercial. WTF? luckily I was able to skip it after 15 seconds.

So you're saying there are ads on Youtube? I never see any, unless it's part of the video itself.

Adblock people. It won't help with Roku or anything else that uses it's own OS, but any browser has free adblock extensions that work. The Enhancer for YouTube extension also blocks ads, and lets you whitelist channels you want to support.
I don't use it but I've heard that Pi-Hole will block the ads.

12!?! The stinka’s I remember when it was 7 bucks
Tell me about it...
eJEqJsK.jpg

I'm using Firefox and Adblock plus on PC which has worked perfectly. It's a chore using youtube on a Switch or PS4 though. Constant ads, unskippable ads and really long ads like 45 minute infomercials or seemingly random music videos. What they hell are they doing popping up in a ten minute video? I usually watch youtube going to bed at night and will put on a documentary or something to listen to with my eyes closed; and all of a sudden my video is interrupted by a marketing seminar. At first I think it's just a 30 second ad so I lay there with my eyes closed waiting and waiting and waiting for it to end. Finally I can't take anymore and see there is like 35 minutes left to it before I can go back to my video.
So I constantly end up waking myself back up to skip these infomercial ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back