Your Opinion on Predator Costume

todd

A couple of days ago, I have been researching at a web site called Propmakersguild.com which they make the Predator costume and individual pieces of the costume. So, I would like to know what is the quaility of the pieces and are they durable?

hey dude, you have a plethora of builders here who offer great stuff. why look anywhere else?

it's kinda like going into a Cold Stone Creamery and asking what they think about the ice cream at the local super market.

and that is just my opinion

hey dude, you have a plethora of builders here who offer great stuff. why look anywhere else?

it's kinda like going into a Cold Stone Creamery and asking what they think about the ice cream at the local super market.

and that is just my opinion

Before attacking individuals at this sight, this site was to bring people to a community who are fans of the movies and were interested in building costumes. So, it's not like going into a Cold Stone Creamery and asking what they thing about the ice cream at the local super market, but getting an idea who make the best quailty Predator costume. Therefore, there are builder's, Rubie, who do not build a quality Predator costume. Also, many of the builders are no longer building costumes or they are retiring. So, I am looking for the best costume I can find.

Dont know much about the costumes on that site personally ( as far as durability) ...from looks ..they are alright ...not very proportionate ..and a little rough..but not bad ...as far as looking for the best..well thats hard to judge ..I mean there are alot of great suit and part makers out there...If you've done your research on the Lair, but something about these suits appeals to you, by all means go for it

A couple of days ago, I have been researching at a web site called Propmakersguild.com which they make the Predator costume and individual pieces of the costume. So, I would like to know what is the quaility of the pieces and are they durable?

Honestly, unless someone has the items themselves you won't know the quality or durability...unless you see it for yourself. As for myself, I'm somewhat fresh to the Lair...I've been here for a few months. I have my first mask on the way from a member named Usurper. I imagine you have ventured through the lair and have seen some of the suits built here on youtube. I'll add some links below for some vids with lair members and their suits.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=17422

As for me, comparing the suit seen from the website you listed compared to the suits produced here, I'd honestly prefer the suits and products made here. Just my opine.

I have stuff from him. In fact 95% of my first costume is from Steve. He is a great guy to deal with as far as communication and shipping goes. He is on the recaster list tho (jaqthelad), and I was unaware of that myself when I bought my suit. I'm not sure which parts he has recast, but I haven't seen parts like his anywhere else (if anyone has the background I would like to hear it).
The skins are quite thick and need little foaming to keep thier shape. They are quite big however. I think he said his model was 6'5". I trimmed quite a lot from the arms, thighs and shins to get a good fit. The mask seems oversized and they really should be avoided.
THIS is my build.

J

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back