Your number one WORST film ever.

Although that too was considered bad, it is at least watchable comapinred to Jaws 4.

I dunno, even though The Revenge is horrible, at least it had a real Brody in it...

I can't believe they actually released it. You can tell the end was shot in a pool and the shark was embarrassing, along with it's "roar".

Which ending?

And, hey, Bruce roared in the original, too -- so watch yourself, pal!

I scratch my head that Michael Caine agreed to do it.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, when asked about why he agreed to be part of that show.

I would like to restart this thread with an obvious one, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, SSSSOOOOOOO Wrong!! SO Wrong!! AND ... And apparently Sir Sean last(?) film.... God, I biched about that one for weeks. violating.

Most recently within the last year...Skyline.What a P.O.S.It is painful to watch.I tortured myself to sit through it in the theater.If I wasn't there with a friend of mine,I would have walked out and demanded my money back.

A close second...take your pick,but all of the "Resident Evil" films SUCK. Works as a video game, not as a full length feature film.

Third would be Sucker Punch. While it is visually *stimulating* it is an otherwise empty story.

Fourth would be The Green Hornet. I dig Seth Rogen but can't buy him as a Super Hero.His comedy is *odd* and that works in other venues,but not an action film, not even a "comedy action film".

There are far too many others to list...its sad.

For me it's M. Night Shyamalan's . . . The Happening.

I talked a friend into seeing this with me and he's never let me live it down.

Wow! Be afraid... be very afraid... of the frakin' grass? Give me a break. The trailer made it look like some awesome zombie flick where the people succumb to a horrible pathogen that makes them kill themselves instead of others. Tight suspense as the survivors try and stay ahead of the pathogen and uncover its deadly secrets before it's too late.

But alas Mommy and Daddy kill themselves because angry vegetation resist the inhumane clippings and prunings hoisted on them by their evil human masters. Giving Tree my a*s! The credits couldn't have come any sooner on this stinker.

I saw The Oregonian recently at a film festival. Ninety minutes and there's probably less than 50 lines of dialogue. Don't bother looking for narrative structure. Despite the main character being covered in blood for the majority of the movie, the director said he'd be against the idea of a DVD release because it would be sold and marketed as horror and his film was better than that. I'm sorry, but his film would be lucky to be in such good company.

Easily the most painful movie I've seen on the big screen. I stayed for the Q & A just because I anticipated the train wreck with the director and principal actress might be fun. You could tell people were being completely polite, but the way people kept ending each question with, "a movie like this", as in, "How do you get funding for a movie like this?", you knew people didn't like it a bit. There were plenty of walk-outs.

I saw The Oregonian recently at a film festival. Ninety minutes and there's probably less than 50 lines of dialogue.

That reminds me of another craptastic movie. I'll probably take some flak for this because apperently alot of people liked this one...but Castaway. Only way i got thru it was with the magic of the fast forward button. Admittedly i liked the start and end of the movie....but did we need an hour + of him talking to himself? Oh...and a volley ball with a bloody hand print for a face??

Well, After this weekend I now have a new worst movie on my list.

I'll probably get blasted for saying this but after sitting through
TRON Legacy this weekend, I would kill myself before ever sitting through
this movie ever again.

What a steaming pile of crap. It was beyond boring. I don't know how
people are prainign this movie.

I'll sit through Lucas's prequels for hours on end before ever watching this
movie again. If they are making a third one, they can count on not getting my
money................ ever.

Would you have liked it if the light cycles talked?

LOL. What amused me about Knight Rider is all the characters who were in absolute AWE of the fact the car was bullet proof. But when the car TALKED to them it was just like, 'oh, your car talks too.' Such amazingly bad writing.

Thus far, both Transformers films SUCKED BIG TIME.Just when I didn't think they could make it worse, then the second film was released.I'm counting on the third Transformers film to suck even more than the first two.Some things should not be made into films.Ishtar was a real stinker as I recall.Popey was bad.I loved Popeye when I was a kid and watched the cartoons all the time.I probably loved the film, but in retrospect...it was really bad and I now feel guilty nagging my mom to take me to see it.Pretty much every M.Night Shamylan film after his one hit wonder was terribly bad. "9" was a pathetically lame and pointless cartoon.I'm sure T.Burton would like to have his name rermoved from the credits.The Fast and the Furious 1-3 and probably the upcoming 4th will suck.Virtually every film "re-make", video game turned feature film or t.v sitcom turned "feature film" sucked balls.There is an endless list of really bad films,and there is never "just one".Once you think you've accidentally discovered the worst film ever,another knocks it right out of the ball park.Often the writers and directer can find "new" ways to suck, but usually its always for the same reasons. It never ends...

Ok. Go see the movie "Somewhere" by Sophia Coppola and tell me that film didn't make your top 10 list of the most boring films you've ever seen. The film's opening shot is a perfect representation of what your in for...

...a car speeding around in circles in the open desert... going no where...

That's the film. Still not convinced? Alright, let's see if this gets you excited.

SEE in awe as our hero takes his daughter to ice skating practice and watches the whole session! SEE two strippers who don't strip perform boring pointless pole dances for five minutes... twice! WATCH as our hero spots an suv following his car and his daughter chiming in to help by writing down the plate number that in no way pays off later on. And under no circumstances, ABSOLUTELY NO ADMITTANCE during the breathtaking appearance of Benicio Del Toro in the elevator that lasts for 15 seconds!

I just don't go for strait up "borring".There are lots of borring films out there. I'm not claiming to be an authority on writing, but there are allot of factors that make or break a film,or even a well written comic book or novel for that matter. You need to have a really captivatiing story or subject and it has to grab your auidence from the get go. You need to have really well written characters. There has to be something about them that is really interesting or captivates you,even if its unspoken for a time.You also need good dialog.A badly written screenplay can also sink an Oscar winning actor/actress.A film that is all special FX like say... "Transformers" or one of the Star Wars prequels gets old FAST. You just can't bedazzzle your audience with over the top action, explosions, CG and expect it to make your film because you have nothing plot wise to fill in the dead space.Showing off how huge of a budget you have to play with isn't going to keep audiences coming back.Only a few of "the sheep" out there are mesmorized by those things.One-liners only work for so long.They are dated a bit and its been done so much in the past it honestly doesn't really do the trick anymore.You can take a simple subject or plot with well rounded characters and developed story and have a really great film, but just as easily you can have a vague subject or undeveloped plot w/an Oscar actors/actresses playing the main roll(s) with horrid dialog and flat 1 dimensional character and the movie will suck every time. Its a fine line writing a great screenplay, but Hollywood being the money machine iot is rarely cares about quality and only how much of a profit and return they get out of the films produced and only an elite few really *hit the mark*.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back