Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

That is an amazing piece! May I ask how you were able to find one? Don't need names or anything, but just curious in general (if you can share it).

Bought it locally in NZ. My understanding is the Weta never sold off any of the LOTR props, but occasionally items have made their way into the public space. I also have a screen used spear that was left behind at the premier in Wellington. Lol.

Bought it locally in NZ. My understanding is the Weta never sold off any of the LOTR props, but occasionally items have made their way into the public space. I also have a screen used spear that was left behind at the premier in Wellington. Lol.
Nice. Peter Jackson has been very protective of all LOTR and Hobbit props indeed. One would expect a different attitude from the prop-collector he is towards fellow prop-collectors. You are very lucky to have those pieces and - as a helmet collector myself - that is an impressive helmet.

I havent posted much of my screen used props here on the RPF but I thought I'd share this one with you guys, as I recently took some pictures of it and I really like how they turned out. Now I must say I was not fond of the way the mouth was set on the display and after these pictures were taken I re positioned it to a much better position ( I'll poste images with the new position later).

This is the Kelvin alien from JJ Abrams' 2009 Star Trek. Designed by the amazing Neville Page, sculpted by the legendary Don Lanning and performed by actress Kasia Kowalcsyk.

DSC_1421._Lowresjpg.jpg

DSC_1423_Lowres.jpg

DSC_1424_Lowres.jpg

DSC_1436_Lowres.jpg

DSC_1453_Lowres.jpg

I just bought a collection of stuff that was owned by Blood Moon Fx's Tara Renee Enslow including several molds, an animatronic bat creature head, and a high end mask that I have yet to be able to identify. Unfortunately the animatronic, and mask need serious attention.

I was able to get one of my holy grails for my collection. This is the Ajanti Dagger from The Golden Child, a piece I've been wanting to have since I started collecting. This is the stunt (non-metal version) and one used in the scene where Eddie Murphy first acquires it, hanging over the fire. A future project I have in mind is to use this as reference and sculpt/cast a true bronze version of the daggers handle and forge out the cross steel blade, making a legit metal version I can keep along side it.

20201212_144848.jpg
20201212_144940.jpg

20201212_144917.jpg

Ok it has been a minute so let me lay down some props. First we have Rick Flag’s M-27 HK Rifle from Suicide Squad.
C33625F7-2797-4229-97D0-DA6A4B538FDD.jpeg
B2086BC5-9105-407A-BC3B-D2AB7A367FC0.jpeg

it has to share a case for now but it is in good company with a Hero Reaver Battle Axe from Serenity and the knife set from Iron Fist.
image.jpg

Recently picked up these Gotham Times newspapers from Batman Begins at a Prop Store of London auction. The first one is held up by Commissioner Loeb the morning after Carmine Falcone is busted and tied to the searchlight, creating the proto- Bat Signal.

The second newspaper is a little less noticeable, but it's on the floor among some other papers and notes Bruce Wayne is studying when the stray bat flies into the room, just before he goes back to explore the cave he fell into as a child.

Attachments

• Batman-Begins-Gotham-Post-Newspapers-1.jpg
    Batman-Begins-Gotham-Post-Newspapers-1.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Batman-Begins-Gotham-Post-Newspapers-3.jpg
    Batman-Begins-Gotham-Post-Newspapers-3.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Batman-Begins-Gotham-Post-Newspapers-4.jpg
    Batman-Begins-Gotham-Post-Newspapers-4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 126

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back