Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

My latest addition to my John Carter focus: a Zodangan General helmet. See only on the Zodangan that surrenders Zodanga to Helium after the wedding fight.

This one looks to be the master for the helmets. Made fully of metal.
3 sides.jpg

pandorum - elysium stasis pod mask.jpg

Back in Nov, I picked up a stasis chamber mask from Pandorum. It was nice, but nothing special. However, after doing a bit of research, I saw that mine wasn't a "hero" mask in that it didn't have mesh behind the vents or velcro on the backside of the mask. I have only seen two of the hero style masks sold, one to fellow, RPFer, Nick, who lives in Australia. I reached out to Nick and he very generously sent me his mask!!! The only issue with his mask is that it had a lot of wear and tear from production use and it was missing the main black tubes that protrude from the chin. Once I got his mask in, I performed what Tom Spina likes to call a "sympathetic restoration" and I was easily able to transpose the missing black tubes from my first mask to Nick's mask. While looking at Nick's mask, I also made a discovery that made this far more special. As mentioned previously, the production team of Pandorum chopped up Empire Helix paintball masks to make the stasis tube masks for the film. Each one is a bit unique and has unique marks. Look at what I found! Dremel marks on the side of the mask that can be screen-matched to the mask Ben Foster wears in the film! It really couldn't get any better than that for me!

Matched.jpg

The Bride of 9 spiders Dagger (the one used when she fights Iron Fist during the trials) got from the Marvel netflix auction
dagger.png

Finally got my hands on this little prop !!
I’ve been asking for years for my nephew to let me have it, he finally let me have it !!!

58E2BE9D-2457-4053-81AC-9AE3DE4DD630.jpeg
E508863D-1C4A-42D3-BD56-0776D26FF5D2.jpeg
6C53A0E1-35BA-4E28-BA63-1E0CF9C18CB9.jpeg
97A7DC51-4032-455F-B07F-496C53774C0E.jpeg
CD62FA1C-6740-4192-BBF1-C7FCD01E6580.jpeg

The story ( I will make it short)
My nephew is an artist ( very good artist) and from time to time visits LA (USA) for very long months at a time and has lots of friends in the prop, acting, movie, music, art industry: industry’s
Over the years many of his friends have gifted some prop items to him, he won’t disclose exactly what he has but did let this slip

It’s a cast from one of the original moulds from blade runners flying spinner cars
Definitely not screen used but well worth having on my shelf

For the sake of leaving a traceable record, I am the new owner of this Babylon 5 Vice Admiral original costume, as previously seen in this thread.

The EA pin is not original, but the stat bar is the original used for Gen. Franklin in the final episode.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 188
Thanks! It is missing some of the brass rank indicators on the shoulders and I am in need of a skilled craftsman to make replicas of them to complete the look... Just in case someone here knows someone.

Thanks! It is missing some of the brass rank indicators on the shoulders and I am in need of a skilled craftsman to make replicas of them to complete the look... Just in case someone here knows someone.

What rank where you looking to have done? I scratchbuilt all the badges for my Season 1 Garabaldi costume and have have made several solid brass rank pips and resin jacket buckles for other cosplayers and would like to help if I can. I admit the stars needed for the command ranks are probably beyond my meager skills.

Bit and bobs.jpg
insignia2.jpg

Hi all! New to the forum. Found my way here after getting a 2-Cell Graflex in a camera lot recently. My main day-job is flipping camera gear so it was a pleasent first time find. Working on converting it now. In the meantime, I also happen to be closely linked to the Film/TV industry and have a small bit of stuff I've gathered over the years. So, while not my most recent stuff per se, figured showing it here would be fun. So, with that being said, here's one of our pieces.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.19.59 PM.png

We got this awesome sign from an auction on eBay. It belonged to Aziz Ansari and is one of the screen used placards/sign for the Snakehole Lounge set from Parks and Rec. It's very large and heavy but is a great wall hanger! Thanks for looking and as it goes, I'll post some more stuff along the way!

Great community here by the way. Reading up on the Graflex minutiae has been a blast!

One of the lot of Treasure room coins from Chronicles of Narnia. My first Weta pieces and they are astounding

Attachments

• received_194557478565383~2.jpeg
    received_194557478565383~2.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 99

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back