Your favorite Book Prop

Mine would have to be the Book of Mazarbul, from the Mines of Moria in LOTH.
Here's my version:
norm-423e662e2f7cb-Lord+of+the+Rings+%282001%29.jpeg
Fav Book: Mine too! (pun)
(though not as substantial as yours) My recreation is a 1/6th scale master-pattern (destined for a figure making company)
Book002.jpg

Bookmarzbul.jpg

Book004.jpg

Just watched the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode "Collective" and I thought of this thread. The story included a lot of hobbyists, including a group of fans of a fictional book author, Carlotta Francis, and her trilogy about "Vampire Lord Fantomas" and "his merry band of vampires."

The books: Darkness Takes A Daughter, Blood Magnolias, and The Ripper's Mask. The author is obviously a take on Anne Rice, except Carlotta Francis writes during the 50s and commits suicide upon publication of her third book.

The books looked like interesting props. I wonder if anyone's made up the covers, or can provide HD scans of them? Wouldn't mind tweaking my Law & Order fan friends (or my vampire fan friends, for that matter!)

Just watched the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode "Collective" and I thought of this thread. The story included a lot of hobbyists, including a group of fans of a fictional book author, Carlotta Francis, and her trilogy about "Vampire Lord Fantomas" and "his merry band of vampires."

The books: Darkness Takes A Daughter, Blood Magnolias, and The Ripper's Mask. The author is obviously a take on Anne Rice, except Carlotta Francis writes during the 50s and commits suicide upon publication of her third book.

The books looked like interesting props. I wonder if anyone's made up the covers, or can provide HD scans of them? Wouldn't mind tweaking my Law & Order fan friends (or my vampire fan friends, for that matter!)

OMG! That was on yesterday! Yeah, I agree that this would be pretty interesting.

Here's my favorite:

7643589.jpeg

That's the original book I won off eBay (complete with very fitting "O'DONNELL MYSTERY" yellow library sticker on the spine!) and also the correct UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs T-shirt Vincent Vega wears in this scene - got that directly from the university's website. :)
RR

Last edited:
Off Topic: I designed a logo for myself that was quite similar to The Wolf's card. The font was close but I didn't include the wolf's body.

Wolf

Toban spirit guide?
I swear, the minute I think I "get" everything on the Internet, somebody comes along and pulls the carpet out from under me.

On the Left Coast, they've been playing The Game, like a massive scavenger hunt, since 1973. At one point, they created the Ghost Patrol Inc. website as part of it; the website is set up like one of those fakey franchise opportunities: "For the one-time cost of $675, up to six attendees will receive all of the necessary training and state-of-the-art paranormal investigative equipment to start the exciting journey as a Ghost Patrol franchisee."

Anyway, they made a couple of manuals for it, that can be found at the top of this page, and one of them is labeled as The Condensed Tobin's Spirit Guide. Might be the beginnings of a sweet-looking prop there. Since most of the other links you'll find online go to info associated with the Role-Playing Game, it's tough to find what other people've done for this prop. (Plus this expired auction.)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back