Your favorite Book Prop

I would like any of Richard Castle's novels from Castle. Especially if it was the one with Nikki Heat :love

---

Thought the above was funny.

Well, you happen to be in luck. If you go to a Barnes and Noble or Waldenbooks, or Borders, you can find a copy of one of Richard Castle's novels they published as a tie-in with the series (much like how "Bad Twin" was published for "Lost").

Ooh! That's a good one!

Here's one I'm curious about: has anyone made a replica of the book from Basic Instinct? The one Sharon Stone's character wrote?

My favorite is... all of them. Just ask your Majel Roddenberry voiced ultra-computer to queue them up on your PADD, the 'original' Kindle (image from Ex-Astris-Scientia.org)

2373-padd-blazeofglory.jpg

Just before christmas I completed my reproduction of the Under the Hood book from the Watchmen. The art can be found in the Paper Props section.

UnderHoodweb.jpg

I agree with DB Cooper on the Dances with Wolves journal. I got the book, DVD and illustrated screenplay to start that one, also have link to website of guy who made movie prop.

Here's one I'm curious about: has anyone made a replica of the book from Basic Instinct? The one Sharon Stone's character wrote?

Which one? There is at least three books shown in the first film, two that she already written ("Love Kills" and "The First Time") and the one she was working on ("Shooter").

Wow, some incredible examples on this thread! Still drooling over Indy Magnoli's Red Book of Westmarch. This topic is close to my heart, as I once compiled a list of fictional books that I'd love to make props for. Alas, as my ambition outpaces my skills by unheard of levels of magnitude, none of them have seen the light of day, at least not by my hands. Anyway, here are some titles I'd love to see made real:

The Whole Art of Detection, by Sherlock Holmes
Inkheart, by Fenoglio
Any of Oolon Colluphid's books
Ten Nights in Ten Haunted Houses by Michael Enslin
Borges' legendary Book of Sand

Which one? There is at least three books shown in the first film, two that she already written ("Love Kills" and "The First Time") and the one she was working on ("Shooter").
Er... All of them? I'd seen it for the first time as I was writing the entry, and hadn't gotten to the point where there were more than one. :$

Er... All of them? I'd seen it for the first time as I was writing the entry, and hadn't gotten to the point where there were more than one. :$

I don't know if they've been done. But you may want to also pay attention to "Basic Instinct 2", as it appears Catherine Trammell's body of work expanded to a few more books (and has different covers from the ones in the first film).

I've got another book prop to add to the list. I'm not sure how many people know of "Henry Fool" or "Fay Grim", but there is a set of props that come up in both movies. The prop is Henry Fool's "Confession", a set of composition books that serves as a part of both movies' storyline. The "Confession" is 8 volumes long.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back