Yoda finished...!

PHArchivist

Master Member
This is my take on the now-classic Chewie15 Yoda sculpt.

I can attest to the fact that it is not completely possible to fully appreciate the quality of such an item until you work with it personally. My hat is off to Howard for a fine sculpt.

Enjoy the pics...

Originally posted by allosaur176@Jan 2 2006, 10:32 PM
awesome, simply awesome    looks like he wants to blink any second
[snapback]1149170[/snapback]​

Looks like he just walked off the set... :D

Nicely done...

WOW. The paintjob looks amazing. What color did you use for the base skin tone? I am working on one of these as well. What type of hair did you use? Nice.

yeah more info on the hair application. :D

nice work , a much more realistic green than recent efforts i've seen :love

have you concidered putting real fabric on it?

z

Rob - that has to be your best work yet since you became to "go-to" guy on Terminator bust paint ups... :D

REALLY dig the subtle colors and skin tones, and masterful application of the hairs - looks completely real and organic, the way you'd expect real hair to sag and crinkle in a ridiculously hot and humid environment. You really give XFX, Rick Baker, and Stan Winston a run for their money on the hair alone, BRAVO. :thumbsup

- Gabe

That is the most screen accurate Yoda paint job I've seen.

Excellent Job by both the sculptor and painter.

Originally posted by dblank@Jan 3 2006, 02:05 AM
That is the most screen accurate Yoda paint job I've seen.

Excellent Job by both the sculptor and painter.
[snapback]1149376[/snapback]​

Perhaps, the best OT Yoda I have ever seen. How long did it take to make and how much? any chance that one can purchase one of these fine replicas?

Perfect paintjob and hair application on an excellent sculpt.

Colour looks spot on to me and the hair is the most natural and accurate looking I've seen on any Yoda. It even looks more natural than the punched hair I've seen on Silicone / latex versions. Great work Rob...

Chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back