YAY! a prop I made was used on screen SMALLVILLE!

replicaprops

Official Licensee
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last year the studio sent me a box full of props from the set for replicating. They sent the ship key to me but it was really in bad shape and almost all the symbols where worn off. I asked the prop master on the set of Smallville if she wanted one of my keys and she said she would use it if the scene called for it.
Well tonights episode of Smallville required that very key and was seen in the end of the episode when Chloe arrives at the Fortress of Solitude. They did a huge close up shot of my key. I know I was not the original designer of the key, but it was just really cool to see something I made be used on screen so prominently.

Just thought Id share my excitement.
Rob

Thanks, My whole family was jumping up and down infront of my TV with the key freeze framed yelling and screaming. My daughter was yelling "yay Daddy yay"

That's much cooler than me being able to watch Last of the Mohicans, The Patriot, and The Wild Wild West, and seeing pewter uniform buttons I made.

Very awesome! Congrats.

It does. I sent them a bunch of things that were concept props and have been eagerly been waiting for them to show up. The Key is the main prop for the entire 8 seasons so that was really the best I could hope for.

At least now I know for sure the key I make is 100% screen accurate now. :lol

I DVR'd the show and haven't seen it yet. I'll watch it tomorrow and check out your key. Congrats!

I was thinking that was going to be one of yours. I remember seeing the glyphs and going "Holy crap that thing looks a lot better than the last time they showed it in the book..." :lol

Very cool dude!

Chris

Thanks, My whole family was jumping up and down infront of my TV with the key freeze framed yelling and screaming. My daughter was yelling "yay Daddy yay"

That is so awesome. Congratulations, man!
1074.gif

That's Awesome. Congradulations!
I was watching last night and saw the Key, and yes it was a really good shot
of the Key.. I was thinking " Man I would love one of those " Ha Ha, now I know
where to get one :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back