Y-Wing Red Jammer

All this talk about Leggs has the ZZ Top song going through my head right now.

I honestly hadn't considered these containers would start to become hard to find (of course I doubt the creators of Leggs would have imagined they would become part of a pop culture icon that DOESN'T involve nylons either).

ZZ Top. Totally.

I've only got two spares and one is missing the top sadly. But they are all yours if you need them Julien. I'm sure the top has got to be around here somewhere.

Leggs Eggs, Koolshade, old tube amp heat synchs... never ceases to amaze how many various materials these guys utilized.

Hey guys,

Could you help me with those parts ? I would really like to buy some castings of them ! Let me know if you can help ! :)

ywing24.jpg

Last edited:
The one that attaches to the Leggs eggs is from the Bandai 1/24 Messer. Let me see if I have a spare for you.

And the little round green one on the bottom with the rivets and handle is Sealab.

Thanks Paul ! Yes I have the Airfix Mersser but not the Bandai one :/

There are also some other parts from the selab (not very visible in my pics), the portview of the 1/15 Bandai Panzer IV, a part from the Nichimo 1/500 Ise (cant find this one :unsure, I bought one but it was small than 1/500), one part from the Mauritania, Bandai Stug IV.

Some better pics of some of the parts I'd like to buy !

ywanted3_zps0b97cb42.jpg

ywanted2_zps7349437c.jpg

ywanted1_zps5480a45a.jpg

ywing25.jpgywing26.jpgywing27.jpg

Thank you !

Julien, i could loan you on of mine (strut assembly) if you can cast it, and treat it like a lady as ill need it back for Gold Leader :lol.

lee

Julien, i could loan you on of mine (strut assembly) if you can cast it, and treat it like a lady as ill need it back for Gold Leader :lol.

lee

Thanks Lee that would be great !

I made some good progress on the Y. While I was digging into my shop, I found an old Y head I built more than 2 years ago but I discarded it at the time thinking I could buy a cockpit from Neisen, but I'm still waiting for a reply ! :lol So I'm going to use my head :) I quickly built a canopy, it won't be 100% perfect but it was not what it was intented since it'll be an idealized Red Jammer (detailled more like the other Y, not with those crappy kitparts they added on the unfinished side).

LOL Steve, Steve who?? Julien I'm sure your own head will be superb, whatever is crafted by your hand always is:lol
Mail me your details bud, ill get that R2/Lanc plate, along with the 10/4 part bagged up for you....just do me a favour, shoot me that Tiger socket cover part when you get chance, i bought a Nichimo, only to lose it to the postal service, haven't had time/inclination to find another at the moment lol.

bests.......lee

I figured you did :)

I found a place that does short run styrene injection... would be so cool to get key parts like that assembly and the Sandcrawler tracks injection molded, like they were for ILM. Not as cheap as resin though, so I dunno how well it'd work out, even with the Falcon guys in the mix.

I just joined NextFab studios in Philadelphia. They have a small injection molder there and I'm still exploring the possibilities.

Julien I can help you with the round sealab part and the 1/15 Stug bits. Standby.

Yes I'll definitely be there, hopefully with a finished model this time.

Julien, to save money on my X wing I found a poorly built Stug and unfortunately some of the parts are not present. I have the mirror image of the part you need but it is partially melted by the glue it's attached with. The other larger bit is already gone

That all said I've still got you covered on the Sealab bit and do you still need Leggs eggs? Shoot me a PM with your address.

Too bad for the StuG part ! :(
I could use the mirrored part though !*

Do you have all the sealab parts pictured or just the hatch ?*

As for the leggs I need to check if I need the top (for the rear section), or the bottom. I do have several left bottoms but no more tops !

In any case thanks for your help, going to send you a pm tomorrow !

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back