Y-Wing parts ID help

can anyone help me i.d this broken part on my Y-Wing kit of Gold leader please? the first pic shows the broken piece and the second shows it joined with another in a different location

Attachments

• y wing i.d 1_LI.jpg
    y wing i.d 1_LI.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 153
  • y wing i.d 2_LI.jpg
    y wing i.d 2_LI.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 143
can anyone help me i.d this broken part on my Y-Wing kit of Gold leader please? the first pic shows the broken piece and the second shows it joined with another in a different location
trimmed 1/25 Tamiya Centurion MKIII

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-10 165155.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-10 165155.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 113
Thanks guys! ;)

It turns out that this part (2 of them!) was included with my Nice-N Models Y-Wing Kit. If I can find the block it's sitting on, I'll let you know. :)

Can you be a little more precise? There is 8rad and Sealab in there.

I wasn't able to identify the "boot" part, but the "pipe" section of it is definitely 1/16", so I fabricated this piece from 1/16" styrene and a spare model kit part:

IMG_4329.JPG

Here it is placed:
IMG_4330.JPG

Now, just above the "Boot" part is a cylinder-shaped 8rad part. When I get a chance I will post some side-by-side pictures with all the details.

I wasn't able to identify the "boot" part, but the "pipe" section of it is definitely 1/16", so I fabricated this piece from 1/16" styrene and a spare model kit part:

View attachment 1678243

Here it is placed:
View attachment 1678247

Now, just above the "Boot" part is a cylinder-shaped 8rad part. When I get a chance I will post some side-by-side pictures with all the details.
Oh, okay. Cool, I never noticed that before I just assumed it was the paint.

After studying the parts from 3 or 4 different model kits, I discovered this part from the 8RAD kit:

8RAD Discovery.jpg

I purchased the part from the actual kit and verified that it is definitely the correct one.
Here's a shot of the 8RAD #9 part that goes in the neck area:
IMG_4335.JPG

I forgot to place it on the reference photo, but here's a shot of it placed on the model. It's the dark grey part:
IMG_4340.JPG

Here's a side by side shot of the #9 8RAD part with another part. The part came with my kit, but I don't know which original model kit it's from:

IMG_4349.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back