X-Wing part ID help please.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Redfinger

Kit ID help please.

I am 3d printing a studio scale xwing and running into problems with the wing.

Anyway, I have decided to scratch build the wings.

On the back of the wing is the groove that this pipe like part is in. I am assuming this was just half-round styrene on the original studio model?

Also, at 1/24 scale, what thickness styrene should I use to make the wing overhangs the right thickness?

Any input would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• BDC8A353-D470-458A-A4DA-518C73CAEB61.jpeg
    BDC8A353-D470-458A-A4DA-518C73CAEB61.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 58

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jkirkon

Sr Member
I think the 2mm styrene rod is correct. If you zoom in on that area on my Red4, you’ll be able to see that.
I don’t have the Plastruct part number offhand.

Attachments

• B490CC46-9D69-47B0-AB41-304A00C3E9F0.jpeg
    B490CC46-9D69-47B0-AB41-304A00C3E9F0.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 44

Redfinger

I think the 2mm styrene rod is correct. If you zoom in on that area on my Red4, you’ll be able to see that.
I don’t have the Plastruct part number offhand.

Thank you very much for that clarification!

I have read that the detail part in the recess near the fuselage is from the Tamyia 8 Rad kit? Are you able to clarify that?

A.

ganesha7

Thank you very much for that clarification!

I have read that the detail part in the recess near the fuselage is from the Tamyia 8 Rad kit? Are you able to clarify that?

A.
While that would be correct for most Xwings, others use a bit from the Hanomag.
I don't have access to my notes, but I believe Blue1/Red2 should be one of those with the Hanomag greeblie.

Redfinger

While that would be correct for most Xwings, others use a bit from the Hanomag.
I don't have access to my notes, but I believe Blue1/Red2 should be one of those with the Hanomag greeblie.
Thanks for that clarification, I am doing my best to represent Red 5.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.