X-men: First Class costumes?

resized and cropped the helmet pic-

attachment.php

Nick

miracole's work is always awesome, and her foray onto the set to do the wardrobe is a testament to her talent! That pic with her with that helmet is just splendid not to mention probably one of the only few pics around to show the actual detailing of the end-game helmet!

Hey guys, I have an interesting find...

"We are actually in the midst of making a X-men First Class Magneto Costume. The costume for Magneto and Banshee are quite similar. The main difference would be the stripes on the chest of Banshee's costume (see attached pictures for comparison). We can do custom-made costume for Banshee if you are keen and you can add on specific designs as you deem fit. If you are keen to make your own custom costume, you can just simply send me pictures of the costume preferably from all angles such as the back, front and side so that my design team can assess better.

From your design specifications and instructions, we will provide a price quotation. All you need to do is to fill up this form here to start send a custom costume inquiry: Custom Costume Request Inquiry

Regards,
Valerie"

Anyone have any kinda idea or source for the pressure suit fittings for the suits front? I know they likely are actually fittings for a era style military suit but for some reason they look wicked familiar to me but i cant place them.

I doubt they are true vintage. Maybe replicas of what the test pilots wore and just machined specifically for the film, base on military/NASA specs.

So trying to gain access to anything similar will require alot of homework. It's a little disheartening when I think about it. Maybe someone here that has access to the proper machines can be willing to do a run if we supply proper images/specs.
I've seen a couple members here that've done runs on lathes and CNC machined props, so the chances are higher if we ask around the forum for the right people.

Found a set of buckles for the suit parusing eBay today, the item location is from Hong Kong. Just type in the key words and it'll pop up. They aren't 100% screen accurate but they're damn close!

The main buckle looks kinda close to the movie, but the other strap parts are not close at all. If they were gonna bother doing them why not make them accurate atleast.

Well, they seem to be the only ones on the market right now. If you do a run, I'd love to see what you can come up with for a more accurate set. I don't have the resources to replicate them, otherwise I would have by now.

There is speculation that older 5 point harness designs were used, and the release buckle is actually what they used for the suit buckle. The associted hardware for a racing harness seems to have been replicated and tweaked in design (note extra hole space between top rivet and harness slot) which is not common with current racing harness or parachute/military hardware.

Alright screw it, for a Wolvie i wanna order some of this, hopefully by the end of summer

Metropolis 10.3 oz. Stretch Denim Dirty Blue - Discount Designer Fabric - Fabric.com

Cordura Nylon 1000 Denier from www.ahh.bizCordura Nylon 1000 Denier from www.ahh.biz - Made in America

Fabric By The Yard - Navy Blue Stretch Corduroy

With Wolvie u won't have to worry about the sleeve detailing, i'll go with the stretch denim fabric instead of leather so it'll be more moveable while wearing (and its a good price!) The corduroy can be the ribbed leather substitute. I can maybe dye all the blue to a darker blue or a black if i don't feel the blue shade

photo.JPG

Fullscreen%20capture%2005062011%20164222.bmp.jpg

Not a huge fan of this particular design solution but it's fun to see the attempt.

Maybe some big leather bracers would sell it as complete costume. Something just seems to be missing to his look. A better way to attach the cape at least. Looks like crumpled snuggie blanket wrapped around his neck from the front.

Nick

I wish there were some better pictures of this available. I can't tell anything from looking at it. It's just a red blob.

Does anyone happen to have a shot or picture of the beach scene where magneto is offering his hand to mystique? Thought I'd throw this out there seeing as soem of you are getting some incredible screen caps. :0)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back