Would this mannequin bust suffice...

REYALS1

I was questioning on how to go about sculpting a PREDATOR head and came across this.

I am not familiar with the process, but I would think that one would need a base to sculpt and flesh out a, well.. sculpture, if one wanted to make a head piece. I came across this while looking at mannequin heads. My head is 23" in circumference, and this one is 22" So, would that little inch make a big difference? :D

Thank you.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/8007356/20-white-...-male-mannequin

I have sculpted a bunch of masks over the years. That seems to be big enough. It says 20 inches tall which feels like it could work.

You could sculpt over a block of wood if you needed too. A head armature helps because you can center things around a lifesize face. So you sculpt correctly where the eyes are and such.

If its too small or skinny you will just need a little more clay to sculpt with.

Monstermakers sells one that works fine for around the same price. Might as well just get theirs.

Hmmm... I was also thinking that I could use the neck and chest area as a base to get the neck rings, and some armor sculpts going too. So, all in all, this bust would be pretty much perfect for some projects, correct?

I have looked at the Monster Makers site, and have considered going through them also because they have the whole kit you could order, but I have not that type of funds right off hand to spend.

I also would like to do a life cast of my body, so i could get a nice form fitting sculpt for the skin (of course this would be over quite a lengthy time period simply for the fact that I understand how much work goes into making these suits). I am wanting to have a suit that looks nice, clean, and tight to my body (like in the films). Again, the time would be a factor, but I want a really nice looking piece in the end. :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back