Would this mannequin bust suffice...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

REYALS1

I was questioning on how to go about sculpting a PREDATOR head and came across this.

I am not familiar with the process, but I would think that one would need a base to sculpt and flesh out a, well.. sculpture, if one wanted to make a head piece. I came across this while looking at mannequin heads. My head is 23" in circumference, and this one is 22" So, would that little inch make a big difference? :D

Thank you.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/8007356/20-white-...-male-mannequin

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MEANGENE83

Sr Member
I have sculpted a bunch of masks over the years. That seems to be big enough. It says 20 inches tall which feels like it could work.

You could sculpt over a block of wood if you needed too. A head armature helps because you can center things around a lifesize face. So you sculpt correctly where the eyes are and such.

If its too small or skinny you will just need a little more clay to sculpt with.

Monstermakers sells one that works fine for around the same price. Might as well just get theirs.

REYALS1

Hmmm... I was also thinking that I could use the neck and chest area as a base to get the neck rings, and some armor sculpts going too. So, all in all, this bust would be pretty much perfect for some projects, correct?

I have looked at the Monster Makers site, and have considered going through them also because they have the whole kit you could order, but I have not that type of funds right off hand to spend.

I also would like to do a life cast of my body, so i could get a nice form fitting sculpt for the skin (of course this would be over quite a lengthy time period simply for the fact that I understand how much work goes into making these suits). I am wanting to have a suit that looks nice, clean, and tight to my body (like in the films). Again, the time would be a factor, but I want a really nice looking piece in the end. :D