Wonder Woman for Fiance Complete

My Fiance rocking WW for the 2nd Halloween. A labor of love...
H11002.jpg

H11003.jpg

WIP Pics
Completed painting the skirt, added a "holster" for the lasso, and got the tiara and bracelets done. I kept the gold accents on the belt because my GF loved them once she saw them.

WW7.jpg

ww8.jpg

ww10JPG.jpg

WW9.jpg

NEW PICS

Didn't get nearly as much done last night as I wanted but made progress on the belt. Need to decide if I want to keep the upper belt blue or go with gold. Found some great appliques that looked suitably elegant/amazonian.

ww5.jpg

ww6.jpg

Original post:
Putting this together for my GF for Halloween. She wanted a unique and more real world take on the character. Should go well with the Ultimate Alliance 2 Thor suit I'm hoping to make for myself.

ww1.jpg
WW2.jpg

WW4.jpg

Started with a store bought Warrior Princess costume. Built up the breast plates and belt from craft foam. Rearranged the waist flaps and added craft foam backing to give them weight. Added the stars cause it wouldn't be WW without them. Painted the top a deep metalic red and the breast plates gold - still need to paint the belt and flaps a deep metalic blue and add an eagle/W emblem on the belt. Also adding some accents to the upper torso and making some silver wrist bracers.

Hope to finish tonight.

Last edited:
Re: Wonder Woman WIP

I love when guys make costumes for their girlfriends when they are really for them...." come on honey , wear it to bed just ONCE ..."

well played

Looks great! Are you planning on doing the headband piece too?

Yep. We bought one that I'm altering a bit.

Where is the girlfriend IN IT pictures?

Coming soon :)

I love when guys make costumes for their girlfriends when they are really for them...." come on honey , wear it to bed just ONCE ..."

well played

Hell-to-the-yes

wow i want one for my girlfriend :D

it looks fantastic, what kind of paint did you use?

I hand painted the foam and vinyl with acrylic paint - worked like a charm.

Kinda reminds me of WW meets Xena, lol. Looks great and definitely looks like it would stand up better to the rigors of "real life" Great Work!

This looks so awesome! I hate when superheroine costumes look trashy so this is great a great balance of evoking Wonder Woman and keeping it classy. Can't wait to see the end result!

acrylic paint? wow... how do you keep it from cracking?

Acrylic paint is waterbased so it goes on easy and dries extremely flexible. It shifts and moves with her with no cracking. If the vinyl or foam is pulled or stretched really far, the paint coud crack - but we plan to keep the wrestling to a minimum :love

Very well played indeed! My wife would have no problem dressing up in a costume I made her. I just need to find coatumes that go together that I'd like to make.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back