Wolverine's Jackets

Yep, I would like to see pix of the Bates jacket now too. I am planning on eventually ordering either the Vanson or the Bates jacket. Just trying to see how people feel about the ones they've ordered.

- J.

Well, I was just thinking of this thread today, since I still don't have the jacket.

So, a month later, I called Vanson, and guess what they tell me?

We don't have the leather.

WTF? That's what you told me in November. It's already February, a month after you told me it'd be ready in a month because the leather already came in. So I started complaining about how their costumer service has given me the run-around, and the guy at the phone says, "Well, I'm not Amanda. I didn't give you those past excuses" (Amanda is the lady who took my order in September).

WTF does that means? Someone new takes over my account and that entitles them to a fresh start for excuses? You are not Amanda, but you still owe me a jacket.

He said he was gonna see what the deal was and would call me back. I asked, "Are you sure you will call me back? Because Amanda used to say the same and we will go weeks before me calling again because she never called back." He replies, again, "Well, I'm not Amanda. I promise you I will call you back today with an update. We get a lot of orders at this time of the year, due to the cold." I replied, "yeah, that's why I placed my order in September, so i could have it by now."

4 weeks later, he still hasn't called back. I'm calling the owner tomorrow. This is ridiculous.

I was tempted to go the Bates route, but their leather seamed way too soft. The vanson jacket is really strong leather and somewhat unconfortable. Like, if you wear it while talking on the phone, you will have to switch arms, for the leather will crush your front elbow from having it bent; however, this jacket can be broken into and sandblasted to make it softer.

Hmmm... I'm glad I haven't placed my order with Vanson yet. I was planning to place it this coming Friday too. I had a long talk with a woman on the phone (can't remember her name right now) and she NEVER expressed to me once that the leather was out of stock. Now, she didn't say it was in stock either... but when you're about to drop $500+ on a jacket, you'd think if the leather was out of stock, she would have mentioned it to a prospective buyer.

At this point in time, I'm a little leary of Vanson and will wait to hear what GuntahKela's outcome is before ordering a jacket for myself.

- J.

Maybe Wested (the people who did the original Indy Jones jacket) might want to look into it. Not only would the jacket be more than half the price, but way better customer service.

It's possible with plenty of requests to them. They're doing the Rocketeer jacket, and they just finished the War of the Worlds jacket.

Originally posted by dijinn@Mar 16 2006, 04:54 PM
Hmmm... I'm glad I haven't placed my order with Vanson yet.  I was planning to place it this coming Friday too.  I had a long talk with a woman on the phone (can't remember her name right now) and she NEVER expressed to me once that the leather was out of stock.  Now, she didn't say it was in stock either... but when you're about to drop $500+ on a jacket, you'd think if the leather was out of stock, she would have mentioned it to a prospective buyer.

At this point in time, I'm a little leary of Vanson and will wait to hear what GuntahKela's outcome is before ordering a jacket for myself.

- J.
[snapback]1207027[/snapback]​
Maybe if you want to call back again, you can just ask them if they have the leather in stock.. :)

Originally posted by ~Sal~@Mar 16 2006, 11:41 PM
Maybe if you want to call back again, you can just ask them if they have the leather in stock.. :)
[snapback]1207316[/snapback]​

Yeah, I was gonna suggest that. "Do you have the right leather for this jacket? Because JC ordered his in September and, as far as he is concern, his jacket hasn't even been stitched yet."

Maybe not worded like that. You should play with them a little longer. Asking the turnaround time, what the holdups will be (if any), and mention that you need it on that specific day b/c you will be out of the country a week later. Then when they use their business salesman tactics to ensure that everything is ready and good to go, you ask them to pull up the JC file and explain themselves. Then you ask to speak to the owner.

Vanson's site doesn't show the jacket. anyone have some clear pics?

More importantly, anyone know of a lower cost jacket like this? Perhaps i could add the stripes?

I made an order from Vanson a while ago, but never heard anything from them and they haven't charged my card yet.. Does any one here actually received the jacket?

Azuma

Originally posted by azuma@Mar 29 2006, 03:00 PM
I made an order from Vanson a while ago, but never heard anything from them and they haven't charged my card yet.. Does any one here actually received the jacket?

Azuma
[snapback]1215478[/snapback]​
Yeah, a few members here own this Vanson jacket, hence the motivating recomendations.

UPDATE 3/30/06:
I called Vanson yesterday. After I told the Lady on the phone for an update, she puts me on hold for a few seconds only to comeback with a suddend "Bunhoward" accent (Bunhoward (SP?) from king of the hill). All I could understand from her speedy voice was that THE JACKET HASN'T EVEN BEGAN BECAUSE THEY STILL DON'T HAVE THE LEATHER.

I started delivering a certain annoyed tone, as I explained that this is the same excuse I've been given since November. To this, the lady on the phone replies, "uh-huh, I understand..."

Uh-huh, you understand, what? Your own excuses? I'm supposed to say I understand.

She said someone upstairs will give me a call to explain the situation. About 30 minutes later, someone leaves me a message in my voicemail that the material should be in, in a few weeks, or something. Excuses are starting to sound more like buzzing sounds to me.

Yeah, but maybe GuntahKela wants his jacket to be ACAP, which may be why GuntahKela hasn't canceled yet. That being said, any pics of Wested's jacket? :p

Originally posted by The Mantis@Apr 2 2006, 01:39 PM
I would cancel the jacket order....I have heard that Wested will be doing there own version and it should be about $245.....
[snapback]1218137[/snapback]​

I think about this everytime I feel like calling them for an update. They already charged my card long ago and their refund policies are strick; however, since they haven't delivered anything or even began to make the garment, I guess I could try to get a refund.

But I really want a screen acurate jacket. I just wish they weren't growing the cows themselves, or something.

Did someone say Wested was making the war of the worlds jacket? I couldn't find anything on their site. Any links?

I bought the Wested War of the Worlds jacket just 2 weeks ago...reveived it last week and I LOVE it....go on Ebay and do a search for WESTED.

I hear their Wolverine will be excellent.....and they are potentially doing all three types....just a thought.

So, with what I'm paying Vanson for 1 jacket, I can get 2 jackets from Wested?
Screw this. I'm calling Vanson tomorrow and cancel this motha. They dropped the ball.

I got a message from Them saying that my Credit Card address does not match, and I checked my order status, and every information I put was correct. don't know what went wrong... And again, in the mail they said that they still have no right leather at this moment. So wested is going to make Wolverine Jacket? Did they got the correct pattern of the jacket or they created their own?

Best,

Azuma

So wested is doing a wolverine jacket now...son of a.... Aghh, figures after I go through all the trouble to have my "poor man's" jacket made, a screen accurate alternative is out for about the same price. I think I might just have to see what I can get for the one I made on ebay and pick up a wested when they're out. Well, thanks for the heads up on this.
- John

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back