WIP Luke ESB Saber

Hi there,

I really enjoyed watching your Sabre-Craft website. In the true Jedi-tradition that one has to construct his/her own lightsaber to complete the Jedi-training henceforth you shall be known as : Master Tan Djarka :love

MTFBWY,

Chaim

...I really enjoyed watching your Sabre-Craft website. In the true Jedi-tradition that one has to construct his/her own lightsaber to complete the Jedi-training...

Thanks. If there's any sabers that would be a test of a Jedi's training to build, I figure it would have to be the Graflex based sabers. Even more difficult than the Obi ANH, by my estimation.

Those are some of the coolest scratch built sabers I've seen... I know this thread is for your Luke ESB but your weathered Obi looks great...:cool Saber Craft indeed....

Those photos are terrible!! They are way too small and not enough of them to show what the prop looks like.

FB

Yep. I use WebTV, and while the pics were taken with a digital camera, it's uploaded through an NTSC input, which limits the resolution. The Pagebuilder site tool limits the size of the pics. All around, not the best situation. It'll be better if I start using a computer.

Last edited:
I've updated the page with another horrible pic of what little progress I've made on the saber. While I originally intended most of the sabre to be hand made, I decided to take the easy way out on the ears/emitter loop/bulb release. I took the real Graflex bulb release from another saber I'd become disenchanted with, subsequenlty stripping it for parts.

While it's not entirely accurate (nor can it ever be, so I'm told), I'm reasonably happy with the progress. All it needs to be completed is the Kobold D-ring assembly, the switch on the tube near the red buttons, and the actual buttons in the red buttons.

By the way, that ultimate hardware Obi ANH emitter, while showing promise initially, didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. May try again later...

As usual, questions and comments are welcome.

Really nice work. Enjoyed the pics

Thanks.

By the way, has anyone ever done a hardware version of the Kobold D-ring assembly?

Initially I looked for a "one piece" solution in either some sort of aluminum stock or bathroom grab bar with the right cross section. No such luck.

I thought about just bending some alumiinum sheet, but it won't give me the sharp corners I want. Most likely I'll build it up from sheet styrene, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A bit late for a progress report, but this is what it ended up looking like. Although, the clamp has been replaced since I took these pictures.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back