[WIP] First ever project: Boba Fett Helmet

S Jackson

Hey everyone,

I have recently been inspired to try my hand at prop making after listening to Adam Savage on a Tested podcast say "Find something you want to make, and make it."

Through Adam on Tested I found the RPF.

Star Wars is one of my favorite series and as cliche as it is Boba Fett is my favorite character. SO I decided to start with his helmet and see where the creative flow takes me.

I found Rosskow's thread via the search function and the further fooled my desire to make this.

My plan is to Pep , Resin and Fiberglass a master model and from that cold cast a copy with aluminum powder. I will buff it with 0000 steel will to give it a shine before airbrushing the helmet with paint. From there I will add weathering and paint chipping.

I will be following write ups done by Harrison Krix of Vulpin Props to do the helmet casting and molding.

I how to use this thread to not only document my process for future reference, but to maybe provide some info and inspiration for others as Adam, Garrison and Roskow have provided for me.

Day 1:

Started the Pep process. This is my first time using Pepekura, it has a bit of a learning curve, but it is also really fun and really relaxing.

p9YXNQJ.jpg

The dent in the helmet did not turn out as expected, so when I get to the bondo/spot putty process I will fix this.

More to come,
Stay tuned!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back