WIP 1/350th Rebel Transport model from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone, wanted to share a new "bucket list" model kit I have been designing the past few months. I have been wanting an accurate model kit of the Rebel Transport for years now, but there really just wasn't anything out there that was accurate enough to the filming miniature to get me excited about it... until now! I have worked on making this as accurate as possible to the original ILM filming miniature, matching up the hull shape and cargo pod placement with currently available reference (not much). This model will be 1/350th scale, about 10.5" long when completed. I'm planning on offering a limited run of kits once it's finished. For now, here is my build progress. Enjoy!

Final Design Renders:
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 1.16.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 2.33.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 2.33.49 PM.png

First Test Print for the underside details
jt73AIgiGGV14giFBAMviHMOskmXEM2Prm758euEL2IyBaUxFawB9yj9jOklSgNVMWduRaLk_eOIvigfELFGHx20x_Qv6r...jpg

Last edited:
Great work.
Looking absolutey friggin awesome fantastice (y)
Thanks!! really appreciate it. I'm so excited to see it in real life after staring at it on the computer for months lol
Oooohhh that looks sweet!!!

Ben
Thanks Ben :)
YESSSSSSS. Yeah, I'll be ordering one of those, thankyouverymuch!

Really nice work so far.
Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it! should have kits ready soon! just waiting to print out a full kit to make modifications if need be.
So far, so good ;)
Thanks joeberg :cool:

Very nice! I'm interested in the kit too if the price is fair. Any chance of making a studio scale version?
Thanks! I'll be posting a list to the kit run on this thread. I don't have plans on making a studio scale version at this time, just way too big for a resin printed kit
Great results! :cool: :cool:
Thanks you!!
That looks so good! Very nice print. (y)
Thanks! Appreciate it, love this printer.
This looks fantastic! I'd love to have one twice the size. :)
Thanks!! Me too, I need to get a bigger resin printer lol

I love this. Would make a great addition.
Did you know she has a pair of feet up front too?
Oh wow you're totally right! I didnt see that, i think those were cut off in the references i was using. I'll throw in an extra set of landing gear into the kits from now on. Appreciate the help, its so tough with models like this with barely any good ref available online

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back