Windshield reflections...HELP!

Killlermark

Hi, can anyone help? I'm attempting to shoot scale model spaceships against green screen but I'm at the testing stage and I'm concerned about
the hot reflections on the windshields. Any good ideas guys?

Clear windows were usually left out to avoid reflections. The Star Wars ships had no windows, just open frames. The ships in some later films were shot with no glass, then shot in a second pass with the glass and a black background, with the reflections showing in the second exposure.

Oh, OK sorry. Yes you could spray with a clear flat but that will make it foggy. There's no way to have clear and dull.

consider the angle you shoot at, too. Professional photographers will have subjects with glasses tilt their heads down slightly to avoid glare. You may need to be a little creative with lighting angles.

Some windows and windshields are weathered to be flat and nearly opaque, leaving just a hint of visible interior. It probably works best with medium to small miniatures. And smaller portholes and such can be left black with the implication that the spaces inside the ship are simply unlit.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back