Willy Wonka Office Bust

A bust of Milton S. Hershey??

In the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka research thread there was a link posted to a pretty good looking hat....

The book that propologist mentioned, Pure Imagination, you can look inside it on Google Books. I ran across it the other day looking for stuff about the coat.

Shylaah

EDIT: On closer inspeciton, yep, believe SithsPadawan is right, that it's Roald Dahl...

wonka.jpg

Original pic of Roald Dahl from here--resized and mirrored

Last edited:
I don't think it is him either. Also he hated the film and had little to do with it's production after too many changes were made to the actors and script.

I doubt they would have taken the time (i.e. money) to sculpt a Roald dahl half bust as one of the 'gags' in the half room. I'm betting it is an exisiting bust of some kind. If its from a studio prop house, it could be a 'generic' bust used for set decor and not of anyone specific.

M

maybe Goethe? there have been lots of paster castings of these flying around some in the last century...

csm_porzellan-bste_goethe-1_524fc7ef02_7bbde68ec5.gif

christian-daniel-rauch-johann-wolfgang-von-goethe.jpg

well, pretty sure its goethe. the nose and double chin looks pretty much the same. but it could be hard to find the exact bust which was the origin for that one, because there were so many different interpretations. you can also see that it is a plaster recast they used, so you can´t really be sure if the shoulder and breast area looked really the same, it may have been larger in the original, or had a base under it...

maybe this one...?

a3fd1b8a4b6cbd34f1400cafdc9b1748.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back