Will it get siezed?

mattropolis

I found a really, really cheap Maruzen M870 that I want to use for a Pulse-rifle build on Yahoo auctions Japan. I bought it without thinking too much of it via a marshalling service who now has it. They're mostly a drop-ship joint - so they don't know the rules of exporting airsoft-like guns to the US. Unfortunately, neither do I exactly.

Q's:
1. if they just drop-ship it in its current form (NIB), would it get seized by customs? (my understanding is that it's yes?) If it does get siezed, is it just gone forever?
2. If it's likely to get seized, what do I need to have them do exactly? I believe they need to have the paint the barrel Orange. Anything else?

Sorry this was a bit off-topic - but you guys know everything around here. :)

I found a really, really cheap Maruzen M870 that I want to use for a Pulse-rifle build on Yahoo auctions Japan. I bought it without thinking too much of it via a marshalling service who now has it. They're mostly a drop-ship joint - so they don't know the rules of exporting airsoft-like guns to the US. Unfortunately, neither do I exactly.

Q's:
1. if they just drop-ship it in its current form (NIB), would it get seized by customs? (my understanding is that it's yes?) If it does get siezed, is it just gone forever?
2. If it's likely to get seized, what do I need to have them do exactly? I believe they need to have the paint the barrel Orange. Anything else?

Sorry this was a bit off-topic - but you guys know everything around here. :)

As long as the barrel is painted, it should make it through.

Tell them to either paint the front tip of the barrel orange for an inch back, or use bright orange tape that's atleast an inch wide, and wrap it around the tip of the barrel.

That's perfectly legal, I order from japan all the time, and have never had a single issue.

as long as it doesn't come through California, you should be ok
Our Gun laws (even replica) suck bad.

are you sure? CA has the most Airsoft stores and players in the US. not to mention everything comes though the Port of LA.

just to make it clear about the siezing, ORANGE TIPPED BARREL!

are you sure? CA has the most Airsoft stores and players in the US. not to mention everything comes though the Port of LA.

just to make it clear about the siezing, ORANGE TIPPED BARREL!

Yeah I live in LA-LA land and have never had an issue getting airsofts from overseas. Even guns with full trademarks. As long as everything complies with the laws/regulations it will get through. What you do to it after is your business.:love

If the trademarks are authorized/licensed like the Marui Thompson and Desert Eagle they don't have to be covered. All barrels have to be at least a quarter inch in orange or red. I like ordering from UNCompany as they use a black rubber cement type goop over non licensed trades. It just peels right off. Some smaller dealer will actualy take a soldering iron to the trades!:thumbsdown Most reputable shops will tell you in the ordering section how they deal with trades.

If your gun does get seized you may get a hefty fine, the gun destroyed or it shipped back to the seller. Hard to tell what customs will do. I have heard a lot of horror stories over the last seven years that I have collected airsoft. I have always ordered thru the Hong Kong shops though. and never personaly had a bad experience.

Last edited:
I've gotten stuff from Redwolf and the trademarks are never scratched/marked over/etc. Just an orange barrel.

Just got a Marushin M1887 T2 Rosebox shotgun from Dentrinity Shop Limited ,they paint the barrel red(tape) and enclose paperwork stating the import laws. I got it in 5 days. Now thats fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My quickest shipment was from UNCompany. It was the Robocop Auto 9c. It arrived 4 days after payment. I really need to get back into collecting airsoft again.:confused

My quickest shipment was from UNCompany. It was the Robocop Auto 9c. It arrived 4 days after payment. I really need to get back into collecting airsoft again.:confused

I love UNCompany and Wargame Club. DEN Trinity is good too, but UN and WGC give a 5% discount for using Paypal.

WGC also gives you the option to have trademarks "Temporarily" or "Permanently" removed. Temporary means plain tape that peels right off.

DEN uses this rubber cement like stuff that comes off, but is a pain to get off.

Thanks everyone for the tips! And the recommendations for airsoft shops overseas. I'm going to be getting a cap-fire M1A1 Thompson at some point, and I'll definiitely check those sites out.

I contacted my marshalling service, and they said they could wrap the barrel in orange tape for me in about a week or two when they get un-swamped. Since I'm in no hurry, I'll just wait and do it the 'right' way.

Thanks everybody!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back