Starting my Nostromo Tracking Device - pointers will be needed please!

Mangamax

Hey folks.
Yup, got the Panasonic TV for the basis, so now the questions begin!
First up, do i have to strip out the interior?
And, what's the best route to go these days for the greeblies? 3D printed? Recommended suppliers?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
20230715_144334.jpg

Mangamax I've just received my TV also. I'd advise on stripping the innards; pretty easy do (only four ish screws to remove to open).
When I gutted mine, I was thinking that the front three knobs needed to stay on the unit (wasn't looking at any ref when I went at it), so I ended up cutting my circuit board around the mounted potentiometers ... not had to time to go back and sort that yet.

Mangamax I've just received my TV also. I'd advise on stripping the innards; pretty easy do (only four ish screws to remove to open).
When I gutted mine, I was thinking that the front three knobs needed to stay on the unit (wasn't looking at any ref when I went at it), so I ended up cutting my circuit board around the mounted potentiometers ... not had to time to go back and sort that yet.
Many thanks for your comments! When stripping things out, do i also remove the TV screen?

Oh, I've removed my screen. It was cracked in transit, so possibly [more] broken glass was enough of a reason for me to take it out.

Using one of PropsToHistory 's pics (from the thread above, and hopefully, that's no drama?), you have see that there's a sort of box lid bit screwed over where the screen is, to my mind, this will provide enough strength, but time will tell / will deal with whatever issues when I get to it.

Attachments

• PropsToHistory_20201014_201810_crop.jpg
    PropsToHistory_20201014_201810_crop.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 64
PropsToHistory said their cone was fairly heavy and i think their front plate was only glued on and then bolted through into the cone.. if your screwing your front plate on and your cone is only light should be good

Has anyone been able to positively ID the vintage ice cube maker?
To my knowledge, no. As well with the main sensor, its believed to be a cover for a vacuum tube (iirc), but the specific model is unknown. Theres a couple other parts that arent known that escape me at the moment.

When Bob Burns' collection gets sold we'll maybe know more, he has the last one known

Looks like we are starting out on the same project. I’ve made a start on mine, not strictly screen accurate but should do the job for my CosPlay. Happy to help where/if I can.

Attachments

• IMG_7405.jpeg
    IMG_7405.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8976.jpeg
    IMG_8976.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9033.jpeg
    IMG_9033.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9031.jpeg
    IMG_9031.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
Your help is most welcome! Mine won’t be screen accurate due to it only being for my CosPlay of Capt Dallas. Because of this it will also have a carry strap attached to it for ease of being carried around (Will figure that bit out later though)

Attachments

• 311B3B8C-C0B9-4E25-AF79-60E71B25B6A4.jpeg
    311B3B8C-C0B9-4E25-AF79-60E71B25B6A4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Just need to clear coat it and add a strap, but apart from that I’m all done.

Thank you to everyone on here that has helped with comments, photos and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_9437.jpeg
    IMG_9437.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9436.jpeg
    IMG_9436.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9435.jpeg
    IMG_9435.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9434.jpeg
    IMG_9434.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9441.jpeg
    IMG_9441.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9440.jpeg
    IMG_9440.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9439.jpeg
    IMG_9439.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back