Why don't Star Trek and Doctor Who props have their own forums?

re: Why don't Star Trek and Doctor Who props have their own forums? (answered)

This has always bugged me too, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to put in some more sub-forums.

re: Why don't Star Trek and Doctor Who props have their own forums? (answered)

The Judge Dredd forum was the first and it was the "guinea pig". Here is an excerpt from the post in the Dredd forum explaining why... (so no need to let it puzzle or bug anyone anymore :)).

...you are probably wondering why, of all the popular franchises that our members have a passion for, we have chosen to focus on Dredd. The primary reason is that we see it is a pretty hot topic here and a large number of RPFers are involved in a group costume build of the Judge uniforms from Dredd. They already have a 150+ member following on Facebook, yet Facebook doesn't provide the kind of robust platform for building costumes like a forum does. As I mentioned earlier, we are creating this as a temporary home for that group as well as anyone interested in the Dredd franchise (comic books, Stallone movie, new movie) to see if having its own forum, even on a temporary basis while the subject is hot, generates more involvement and better serves our members.

As the interest in movies like this have an expiration date, so too will this forum. At the end of 2013, based on traffic, we will evaluate whether to keep this forum longer, or whether to disband it and move the content from it back into our costuming and prop forums.

If we see that this forum fails from the get-go, we may dissolve it at any time.

After we separated out the major franchises, the regular prop and costume forums have slowed down enough to give good visibility to other topics that were getting somewhat stifled. We may add more in the future, but it appears that we have struck a pretty good balance for the moment.

We have just created a new forum dedicated to collectibles. It can be used for discussing figures, toys, R/C, ornaments, movie posters, autographs (just to name a few). The forum is located in the COMMUNITY section of the RPF.

http://www.therpf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

EDIT: This post has been added to this thread so that the following two posts will make more sense. :)

Re: **** Announcement: Collectibles Forum Now Open *****

Awesome! How about finally adding Star Trek under Popular Franchises - Maybe for the 50th!

Re: **** Announcement: Collectibles Forum Now Open *****

Awesome! How about finally adding Star Trek under Popular Franchises - Maybe for the 50th!

I second this one. I would rather see Star Trek than a couple of the ones already there.

I, too, would love a separate Star Trek forum. It can be a bit of a pain to try and search the entire site for relevant information.

Now more than ever we need a Trek forum. With the demise of TPZ it seems more and more Trek threads are popping up here. It would be nice to not have to weed through the woods to find Trek threads.

This might not be an issue in reality, but I wonder if the traffic would be too low in a Trek subforum. Posts that get some attention in general might flounder in a Trek only sub. But I would like an easier way to find all Trek related threads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back