Who makes OT Royal Guard Robes

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by OPPI, Jun 18, 2006.

1. OPPI

OPPI Well-Known Member

Please

thank you :)

dan

2. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Anyone have any details on what shape they are?

3. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

I'd be interested in an acurrate set of robes as well.

4. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 Well-Known Member

Has it every really been established what they wore under the robes? You may want to contact the 501st Legion. I know they may have some info on accuracy.

I had always assumed that they had some type of leather suit on underneath based on whatthe old Kenner action figure had. Howeevr, I know several RG inthe 501 who use 2 different style robes.

Anyone else know?

Scott

5. xmart

xmart Well-Known Member

I would be in for 2 sets of definite Royal Guard robes. C'mon guys, who would do it?

6. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

I'm sure we could do it, but I'd want to get more info on the details before working out the pattern, and a fair price.

7. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

From what I know, the RG had a maroon velvet or velour tunic and pants, much like a karate gee (is that the correct spelling?) Here's is a pic that shows part of this undersuit

[​IMG]

8. fettpride

fettpride Well-Known Member

9. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

I just thumbed through my copy of Dressing A Galaxy. The sleeves on the outer robe were cut separately from the body, and left open at the front for movement of the arms. Also, the OT and the Prequels had a slight variation on the front of the robe. The OT version was fuller at the front and featured a "cowl neck" look. The newer version is flatter, and has a trimmer look to it. Both were made from a low-pile non-stretch velvet. The under robe is long sleeved and made from the same burgundy silk used to line the outer robe.

~ GM

10. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 19 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]1264183[/snapback]</div>
    GM,

I'd like to see those pics if there are any. Or is it just text?

11. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

There's one good pic of the newer robe, then a montage of the older ones.

12. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

I'm working on my prototype at this moment... and is looking pretty good.

As soon as I have it finished, I will post some pics and would love to hear comments. ;)

I think it will takes me a few more weeks to get it finished. (just can work on weekends).

13. Black Jack

Black Jack New Member

Hi FettPride,

You comment made me interested in the robe by this seller. Have you bought a Royal Guard robe from her?

It would be appreciated if you can post some pics. Thanks.

Jacky

<div class='quotetop'>(fettpride @ Jun 20 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]1264178[/snapback]</div>

14. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

That robe didn't look very well made.

15. Black Jack

Black Jack New Member

16. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

The slits for the arms are in the wrong place, and it doesn't have sleeves like it should. Simply inaccurate...

17. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

Are the sleeves on the outer robe? I thought there was a seperate part underneath with the sleeves on it. The deluxe actually looks better than the other one. It hangs nice with the V folds.

18. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Yes, the outer robe also has "sleeves".

19. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 30 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1271856[/snapback]</div>
    GM, Do you have any pictures showing this? I always thought it was like a cloak that was open on one side.

20. OPPI

OPPI Well-Known Member

so for the most part there are no accurate royal guard robes being offered. And yeah GM if you got good pics i would love to see them too

lets keep it coming and maybe we can find something
    thanks
    dan

21. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(OPPI @ Jul 2 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1272835[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, my scanner is down at the moment. Trust me, there are sleeves on the outer robe. From a distance they blend in well with the outer robe, but they are part of what makes the robe "hang" properly. Without them, you've got a cheap cloak that simply isn't accurate.

22. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Got it working again...

[​IMG]

You can clearly see the sleeves in this picture. This particular robe was made for Episode III, but I've checked it against the photos from Episode VI, and they're identical except for the "cowl" neck on the Episode VI outer robe.

Case closed.

;)

~ GM

23. Predatormv

Predatormv Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Where are you seeing sleeves? All I see are slits on either side of the robe. And the ones from EP6 only had one slit not 2 like in the prequils.

24. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Look closer...

[​IMG]

25. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

That was the design I used for my wife's RG costume:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it just me or is the ROTS RG helmet smaller than the OT version?

26. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

I see the seams. I don't think they are full sleeves though. Just looks like a piece of fabric attached to the cloak. I don't recall seeing those on the originals. I can't find my reference pics to see.

27. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

They're more like "half sleeves", open at the inner side.

28. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Notice that there is more to the "sleeves" on the inside of the slit. I wonder how the extra piece of sleeve is attached on the inside. I think it could be attached to the front piece.

29. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

There's a bit of extra fabric on the inner edge at the front and back as it's sewn to the shoulder seam, to make the gap drape properly.