Who makes OT Royal Guard Robes

Has it every really been established what they wore under the robes? You may want to contact the 501st Legion. I know they may have some info on accuracy.

I had always assumed that they had some type of leather suit on underneath based on whatthe old Kenner action figure had. Howeevr, I know several RG inthe 501 who use 2 different style robes.

Anyone else know?

Scott

From what I know, the RG had a maroon velvet or velour tunic and pants, much like a karate gee (is that the correct spelling?) Here's is a pic that shows part of this undersuit

guard_suit.jpg

I just thumbed through my copy of Dressing A Galaxy. The sleeves on the outer robe were cut separately from the body, and left open at the front for movement of the arms. Also, the OT and the Prequels had a slight variation on the front of the robe. The OT version was fuller at the front and featured a "cowl neck" look. The newer version is flatter, and has a trimmer look to it. Both were made from a low-pile non-stretch velvet. The under robe is long sleeved and made from the same burgundy silk used to line the outer robe.

~ GM

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 19 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]1264183[/snapback]</div>
I just thumbed through my copy of Dressing A Galaxy. The sleeves on the outer robe were cut separately from the body, and left open at the front for movement of the arms. Also, the OT and the Prequels had a slight variation on the front of the robe. The OT version was fuller at the front and featured a "cowl neck" look. The newer version is flatter, and has a trimmer look to it. Both were made from a low-pile non-stretch velvet. The under robe is long sleeved and made from the same burgundy silk used to line the outer robe.

~ GM
[/b]

GM,

I'd like to see those pics if there are any. Or is it just text?

I'm working on my prototype at this moment... and is looking pretty good.

As soon as I have it finished, I will post some pics and would love to hear comments. ;)

I think it will takes me a few more weeks to get it finished. (just can work on weekends).

Hi FettPride,

You comment made me interested in the robe by this seller. Have you bought a Royal Guard robe from her?

It would be appreciated if you can post some pics. Thanks.

Jacky

<div class='quotetop'>(fettpride @ Jun 20 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]1264178[/snapback]</div>
mschipley@msn.com

They look MUUUUUCH better in person . Mamma doesn't take real good photos ;)

The choice of material is superb, and the workmanship (workwomanship that is) is
oustanding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Guard-Outer-Robe...1QQcmdZViewItem

FP
[/b]

Are the sleeves on the outer robe? I thought there was a seperate part underneath with the sleeves on it. The deluxe actually looks better than the other one. It hangs nice with the V folds.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Jun 30 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1271856[/snapback]</div>
Yes, the outer robe also has "sleeves".
[/b]

GM, Do you have any pictures showing this? I always thought it was like a cloak that was open on one side.

so for the most part there are no accurate royal guard robes being offered. And yeah GM if you got good pics i would love to see them too

lets keep it coming and maybe we can find something
thanks
dan

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back