Who finished up C3P0 in the movies?

darth_manu

i always wonder who finished C3P0 in the movies from ep1 to ep3? :angel
i am sure anakin don't have to time to finish him up with his trainings etc.
anyone know? just something i was wondering

Padme was meant to have put on his outer-casing in EPI II, but it was deleted. So yeah, Owen or his pops.

Originally posted by CTF@Apr 7 2006, 01:04 AM
Padme was meant to have put on his outer-casing in EPI II, but it was deleted. So yeah, Owen or his pops.
[snapback]1221620[/snapback]​

Woah . Did I mis a deleted scene or easter egg on that one???

FP

Originally posted by darth_manu@Apr 7 2006, 08:13 AM
could R2-D2 do it? or chewbacca? hah
chewbacca did try to assemble him in ESB
[snapback]1221622[/snapback]​
he did put him together backwards though :p

Woah . Did I mis a deleted scene or easter egg on that one???

It isn't in the deleted scenes on the AOTC DVD and I can't remember if it was shot or not... I'll have to go back and check the making-of book. I think it may have been though as when they decided to cut it they shot AD in the "finished" costume against a key and put in a plate of the homestead (you can tell if you look close enough) instead of the "raw" puppet C3PO (which was shot). So, um, yeah. :p

Most likely, the Lars gave him his ep. II red body, but he was given his gold body by Padme/Naboo when he became part of her royal entourage. I'm pretty sure it's explained in the Clone Wars cartoon, which GL has stated to be canon.

-Fred

Owen never hears Threepio's name in ANH.

Yes, there the Padme "coverings" scene was shot for Ep 2--this happens in the garage as she waits for Anakin to return from sandperson slaughter. Too bad it isn't on the DVD.

As shot, when they first arrive on the farm, Threepio was still "naked". This was changed, so they had to shoot AD in the suit against greenscreen and put him back in there "covered".

So, canonically, one would have to presume that Anakin let Padme keep Threepio right after Ep. 2, and he was cleaned up and tuned or whatever by whoever does that kind of thing for Naboo mucky-mucks. Later, she apparently got a taste for bling and had him plated (or the coverings replaced entirely) on Naboo or Coruscant.

The shooting of this scene can be seen on the last VHS trilogy boxset. It has a feature about episode II in front of the ANH tape.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back