White lenses

ZebraStripes

Hi! I've noticed that a few charecters like Deadpool, wolverine and animated batman have completely white lenses that they can see out of and don't seem cast a reflection of anything around them like sunglasses do,
b217d298719828a480c329e161ec1d7f-5-reasons-why-the-deadpool-movie-might-be-okay.jpg3785844-5528271079-wolve.jpgBatman.jpg

Do you know a place I could get something like this or a way that I could make them?

In the case of that Deadpool photo, the eyes are done in post-processing with CG. (Albeit because they wanted to change the shape of his eyes like in a comic, rather than it being impossible to make lenses that appear to be opaque.)

Deadpool-set-photos-15.jpg

ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set-20.jpg

The achieve a fairly visible lens with a pretty opaque white look, most people have tiny perforations in the the white so you can see through the tiny holes but it looks solid from a mild distance. As you can see here, the lenses on Spiderman have a mesh-like appearance.

riK35Gr.jpg

Since I expanded my Star Lord lenses to any red, blue, or green lens you could want, I've had a couple people ask for white for Batman. I'm going to try something next time I laser cut some lenses and see if I can't figure out a way to make it work.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back