Which cheaper range Vader ESB helmet Is the most accurate? (JMC, Portumac, SPFX ,others)

Tony Le on facebook, he is also on here under the user name Shenphong i believe.
Cool I already follow him had no idea it was him. Also I'm not looking for a helmet right now I'm looking for available options that'll be around for quite awhile since I got to repair and sell my other stuff but after your advice on the Recast I may have to loose money on one.

Well I guess I would have to modify my PCR recast for my accuracy requirement but I wanted to get an ESB so I could keep My fiberglass PCR copy a ANH helmet is recasting that recast cheaper?

I didn't recast it I bought the recast as it was £177 and the faceplate was warped, also I thought it was okay as long as its a licenced product that's no longer being made because people seem totally fine about DP DLX recasts so I'm a bit confused, it will of course be modified to greater accuracy to one of the films so would that still count? I don't wanna break any of the rules here.
If with PCR you mean the DP, then yes, you're OK. If you are talking about the eFX PCR then no. No one calls the DP DLX a PCR.

Anyway, I do not know if recasting a DP recast is allowed? I gess yes but it like a grey area.

If with PCR you mean the DP, then yes, you're OK. If you are talking about the eFX PCR then no. No one calls the DP DLX a PCR.

Anyway, I do not know if recasting a DP recast is allowed? I gess yes but it like a grey area.
Yes I did mean EFX PCR but if its modified into an ESB does that make it ok?

When you're ready to throw down serious cash, then I highly recommend Bookface's painted helmet. Here's my ESB that showed up today. I'm ***king in love. This beast is glorious.

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

The ESB is a scan of an ESB Stunt, IIRC. The ANH is cast from the DJ original helmet.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Strange choice for the hero helmet can you or anyone else reading this forum tell me if there was any sculptural differences from the stunt and hero helmets ? I mean the neck looks shorter but is that just me?

Last edited:
Strange choice for the hero helmet can you or anyone else reading this forum tell me if there was any sculptural differences from the stunt and hero helmets ? I mean the neck looks shorter but is that just me?
They came from the same mould/base (the ANH hero helmet was moulded twice, in UK and in the USA, after filming ANH) but the stunts were modified for better see through, ventilation, etc. Also, each helmet was hand casted and trimmed, so therefor the differences between helmets.

They came from the same mould/base (the ANH hero helmet was moulded twice, in UK and in the USA, after filming ANH) but the stunts were modified for better see through, ventilation, etc. Also, each helmet was hand casted and trimmed, so therefor the differences between helmets.
Well I suppose I could ask for the 1983 tour cast face plate with his ESB dome so the neck would be the right length or modify the stunt one.

Last edited:
Well I suppose I could ask for the 1983 tour cast face plate with his ESB dome so the neck would be the right length or modify the stunt one.
I'm not sure if that would work depending on the dome mounting placements and how he does them, but doesnt hurt to ask it would probably cost more but would be a nice piece

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back