Where to buy ROTS Vader Shoulder armor?

Imperial Weapon

I have looked everywhere but can't find one I've looked for the star fortress site can't find it (although I did only a few years back) I don't know if Portumac's still around , I can't find a rubies (preferably paint worn cuz I'd repaint it anyway) and I don't know If Darth Stones even around anymore can anybody please help? I would prefer to get one unpainted but if not possible that's fine I'll be most grateful to anyone who can point me to where I can get one.

Portumac is still around. I bought a ROTS from him unpainted. He is definitely the one to go to for this.

I believe there is member here on the forum who made a 3D model you can print out yourself.

And please... don't buy from Star Fortress - they are thieves and recasters.

I believe there is member here on the forum who made a 3D model you can print out yourself.

And please... don't buy from Star Fortress - they are thieves and recasters.
Thanks for the warning and the mention of the 3d model but I don't have 3d printer and I don't know the price of there model printed or the price of portumacs so I dunno bout that, what do you reckon is harder wearing? fibreglass or 3d printed plastic? and do you know the member who made the files name?

Well, FDM 3D printers cost about the same as the armor is going to cost and then you can print the model yourself. However, it does require a lot of work afterwards to strengthen and smooth the surface to get rid of layer lines. But it will probably be much lighter than the fiberglass options. But on the plus side... you would then be able to make all sorts of awesome things with the printer.

Fiberglass is strong, but probably still needs work... and depending on how it is made - if you have to trim off excess fiberglass, you need to get the proper safety gear - coal filter mask, as fiberglass dust is bad for you. However, you can risk getting it from someone who makes it too heavy.

It's a balancing act of strength versus lightness.

I think you can find him in the Vader Helmet free stl thread... though... I'm not sure. He has made all OT and PT Vaders. I think he also did armor.

Last edited:
I have Portumac's finished ESB armor. It is solid, yet light and comfortable enough for wearing. I can't speak to how his unfinished kit is, but the quality of his finished products is great. I imagine his ROTS armor is just as good.

You can message him on Facebook to get any information and to order. Just search for "Portumac Prop Studios".

Screenshot_20210721-122554.jpg

3D Print Armory might be the file being referred to. Here is the link to their ROTS armor:

Last edited:
Well, FDM 3D printers cost about the same as the armor is going to cost and then you can print the model yourself. However, it does require a lot of work afterwards to strengthen and smooth the surface to get rid of layer lines. But it will probably be much lighter than the fiberglass options. But on the plus side... you would then be able to make all sorts of awesome things with the printer.

Fiberglass is strong, but probably still needs work... and depending on how it is made - if you have to trim off excess fiberglass, you need to get the proper safety gear - coal filter mask, as fiberglass dust is bad for you. However, you can risk getting it from someone who makes it too heavy.

It's a balancing act of strength versus lightness.

I think you can find him in the Vader Helmet free stl thread... though... I'm not sure. He has made all OT and PT Vaders. I think he also did armor.
I can't find the thread but I did find a 3d print file (as shown by Synz314 below) of Vader ROTS armor for 35$ however Porty's latest version looks more accurate so I dunno I'll try and see how much his is and if its over my budget i'll try the printing way.

I have Portumac's finished ESB armor. It is solid, yet light and comfortable enough for wearing. I can't speak to how his unfinished kit is, but the quality of his finished products is great. I imagine his ROTS armor is just as good.

You can message him on Facebook to get any information and to order. Just search for "Portumac Prop Studios".

View attachment 1477858

3D Print Armory might be the file being referred to. Here is the link to their ROTS armor:

Thank you for giving an example of what his products are like and thanks for showing me the 3d print file I may go with fibreglass as I do have a mask and it is easier to repair and the weight will help it stay on better.

I know this may be taking it off topic a little bit (have a terrible habit for that) but does anyone know the original ROTS colours for the chest armour?

Well it seems no one knows what the colours are, but I found out what I really wanted to know so I thank everyone who has taken there own time to read and reply to this thread and point me in the right direction.

I think it was reported once, but I don't know where I read it and I don't really remember what brand of colors, sadly. My mind thinks Rustoleum gunmetal, but I may be waaaaaaaaaaaay off, so hopefully someone can chime in with the correct info.

I think it was reported once, but I don't know where I read it and I don't really remember what brand of colors, sadly. My mind thinks Rustoleum gunmetal, but I may be waaaaaaaaaaaay off, so hopefully someone can chime in with the correct info.
I still thank you for trying to help I may go with that if I have no luck so thank you for the suggestion.

Having thought about it some more and still not remembering and seeing that no one else has provided the info, maybe you can find it at the 501st Sith Lord Detachment forum? No guarantee they know what the production used on theirs, but they may have a good substitute.

Thank you but the grey could be the same case as the OT Vader's where they had a custom mix and I do remember Valspar offering mixing services so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back