Where to buy a Karate 'Gi' uniform shirt in Orlando?

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK, I feel a little dumb for not thinking of this before- instead of trolling for a seamstress here to make me a Farmboy Luke-style tunic, I could just use a Karate Gi and a little Rit dye.

The thing is this: I could order one on-line, but being the impatient person I am, I'd rather go pick one up at a local Martial Arts Supply. Does anyone know of such a place in the Orlando area? Preferrably towards the SE end of town?

Thanks for any info.

Mark

Prop-Maker

Did you try the yellow pages? I searched they internet for local retailers for ya, but didn't find anything except schools/studios.

To be honest, with all the found items in A New Hope, I'm surprised they DIDN'T use a Karate Gi.

Bradleyfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop-Maker @ Apr 30 2006, 04:51 AM) [snapback]1235755[/snapback]</div>
Did you try the yellow pages? I searched they internet for local retailers for ya, but didn't find anything except schools/studios.

To be honest, with all the found items in A New Hope, I'm surprised they DIDN'T use a Karate Gi.
[/b]

I did try the yellow pages and there are a couple on the other side of town, but you never know- there might be something else around.

RE: Using a Gi in ANH- I got to wondering that myself since just about everybody on Tatooine was wearing one. That would have been a easy say to outfit everyone.

Mark

AlderaanGirl

Outside of trying the yellow pages for Martial Arts Supplies, you should try calling around local "karate" or "martial arts" schools. Being someone who has studied martial arts, I can tell you that at most karate schools you can buy a "gi". Some of the schools may have to order, if that is the case then you might as well go to: http://www.centuryfitness.com/?gclid=CP64h...CFSIXFQodlBcCWw or something similar and just order one. Or perhaps go on ebay. I've seen gi's there too.

Good luck