Where do you carry personal items when cosplaying as Superman?

Ash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone-

I looked around and searched the forum and didn't find many leads. I'm planning on dressing as Superman (BvS version) for Halloween and unlike my Batman last year I won't have a utility belt or significant other to help carry all my personal belongings like wallet, keys, and cell phone.

Unlike the Christopher Reeve version of the costume, the boots are not really an option of storage as they are sewn directly to the pants of the rest of the suit and there really isn't a "belt" that wraps all the way around like the Reeve version that I'd be able to attach a "bag" to hold my stuff. I was thinking of perhaps adding pockets to the back of the pants as the back of the costume would be covered by the cape anyway.

Just seeing if anyone else had other ideas and would be willing to share how they went about making their idea happen.

-Ash

Okay um, that wasn't much help. I'm trying to use the brain power of those here to develop a possible solution to this problem.

-Ash

might not be for superman but for my batsuit i have a larger pouch which goes on the back of the belt under the cape. The pouches on my belt are mainly unusable so a hidden pouch on the back for my phone and wallet is needed

Yeh I agree with a sewn in pouch idea, but maybe sew one onto the backside of the suit itself like where a butt pocket on a pair of jeans would be

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I think that's what I'll end up going with. As far as a large pouch on a belt is concerned it would be difficult to do while maintaining the look of the front of the suit. Unlike the Reeve's suit, the modern one doesn't have a "wraparound" belt per say.

-Ash

I think that's what I'll end up going with. As far as a large pouch on a belt is concerned it would be difficult to do while maintaining the look of the front of the suit. Unlike the Reeve's suit, the modern one doesn't have a "wraparound" belt per say.

-Ash
Well if you did a pocket maybe waist level on the back of the body suit itself, it should be fairly hard to see but still accessible to you.

Other than you, I don't think I've ever heard of this question but it is an interesting one.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Well normally I would have a female companion that would have some sort of purse but as of now it looks like I'm going to still be single come Halloween so I'm just trying to cover my bases incase I have to go out alone.

-Ash

I'm going as Supes myself to a party but I'm using a eva foam chest and abs thing I made because there is no way I'll be getting ripped in a month. I am putting my wallet (money clip and credit card and license on the inner of the chest because I have it bulging a little bit ( he said bulging) I did like a Velcro flap that holds the stuff.. I was originally planning on putting it on the back inside the suit under the zipper but again.. not going to be ripped in time so this actually works better.

I am putting my wallet (money clip and credit card and license on the inner of the chest because I have it bulging a little bit ( he said bulging) I did like a Velcro flap that holds the stuff..

My friend did a very similar idea, but instead of the whole chest he just did the \S/ as a pocket. Not sure how well that could apply to the BvS costume; it works better with New 52.

Your boots. That simple. I carry my wallet, keys and my phone when I do Batman Super easy to conceal. Forget all this custom stuff. Simple problem with a very simple solution.

I bought a little camera carrying case off ebay, and just wear it off the back of my belt. I kind of set it off to the side a little and it never shows.

There's also a lot of new phone cases out today that are very low profile, that come with a plastic clip that would also work really well as general purpose or phone cases.

I've seen some folks make a little case that matches their boot fabric and that gets clipped onto the back of the boot.

Your boots. That simple. I carry my wallet, keys and my phone when I do Batman Super easy to conceal. Forget all this custom stuff. Simple problem with a very simple solution.
He won't be able to use boots though as he won't be wearing any as he mentioned. The BvS Superman suit doesn't really have boots. It's just the material with printed chainmail sewn to the blue material so he's basically wearing socks attached to the leg area.

I'm going the same route Ash. I would recommend just getting a cheap lanyard. Wear it like a necklace and you should be able to slip in an id and some cash or credit card. A lot of them have a key chain loop on it so you can at least attach your car key to it. Tuck it under the back side of the suit so its not visible and sticking out of the material and hidden by your cape. When you need something it should be easy just to take it off and grab what you need

What about a drawstring bag? Have the bag under your cape, the straps would be seen from the front though.
Being that the suit is a darker blue they may not be as noticeable. Bags come in different colors too.
14169.png

Could always attach a pouch on the back side of the belt. It will be big enough to carry small items like a phone and ID and maybe some cash. The cape will keep it hidden.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you mention that cause I place my phone in my boots when I cosplay as batman. Super handy

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back