Where can I get trooper trim?

Egon Spengler

Master Member
The black stuff that goes around the bottom of the helmet opening. Sometiems people use the white kind to go around the edges of the armor as well.

Where can I get this stuff locally, NOT ONLINE and what the heck is it called?

Home Depot? Lowes? Wal-Mart? etc??

The stuff you want is either square 'U' channel or 'S' profile extruded rubber.Now they use this stuff on glass or door edgings.I don't know where you might find this locally,but a caravan,boating or glazing company might have it.

I know a place that sells it and they ship worldwide.

Hope this helps :)

-Paul.

Go to a local boat or automotive upholstery shop. The stuff is used as a push-on, edge molding for fiberglass, etc. Comes in different colors, black being the most popular. It usually has a metal internal armature, and once in, is very hard to get back off.

I think there is a source for accurate trim(s) in the UK discussed in this forum ages ago. I listed a link below from that posting I think but the retailer is in the U.S. Also, I do believe there are two different size trims for the bottom and brow of the helmet. I have 2 different kinds on my TE helmet from Matt himself.

Flex-Trim

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back