Where can I get trooper trim?

Egon Spengler

Sr Member
The black stuff that goes around the bottom of the helmet opening. Sometiems people use the white kind to go around the edges of the armor as well.

Where can I get this stuff locally, NOT ONLINE and what the heck is it called?

Home Depot? Lowes? Wal-Mart? etc??


Well-Known Member
The stuff you want is either square 'U' channel or 'S' profile extruded rubber.Now they use this stuff on glass or door edgings.I don't know where you might find this locally,but a caravan,boating or glazing company might have it.

I know a place that sells it and they ship worldwide.

Hope this helps :)



Master Member
Why did I think this thread was going to be about something else?


Well-Known Member
Go to a local boat or automotive upholstery shop. The stuff is used as a push-on, edge molding for fiberglass, etc. Comes in different colors, black being the most popular. It usually has a metal internal armature, and once in, is very hard to get back off.


Active Member
I think there is a source for accurate trim(s) in the UK discussed in this forum ages ago. I listed a link below from that posting I think but the retailer is in the U.S. Also, I do believe there are two different size trims for the bottom and brow of the helmet. I have 2 different kinds on my TE helmet from Matt himself.