Where can I find mannequins??

Guy451

Hello all, I was wondering where I could find good mannequins to sculpt body pieces on? Or if it would be worth it to take the extra time and money to make a life-cast of my own body. Any advice on this subject is welcome. Thanks in advance!

I got a upper torso from an Aeropostale Clothing Store. My friend told me how if a mannequin has a imperfection the store throws it away. So I asked his store manager on the phone if they had anything they where throwing away. She let me snag the upper torso, and head for free. You might want to try to call a few stores. My torso, and head had no damage except for a small marble size dent in the left chest. I hope this was of some help to you.

-Andrew

mannequins that are anatomically correct are the ones you want. many of the cheaper mannequins have weird twists to them and many of the muscles are in the wrong place and position. they look fine with clothing but if you want to sculpt prosthetics you'll have a harder time. the athletic build muscular mannequins are best for your needs

When you shop online for mannequins study the pictures closely to see if it will suit your needs. They should have the height and other measurements listed. Also look for the word fiberglass because then you can used fiberglass & resin to alter them. The plastic mannequins are difficult to get glue or resin to stick to them. Most importantly look at the price. You can find the same model mannequins on many sites but some charge $300 or more when you might find that model for $150 or less on another site. Shipping costs vary also.

Living in northern Maryland I just hop up to New Jersey, there are several manufacturers there, that allow for local pickup. saves alot of dough. Shipping Cost can get ridiculous.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

My top two places are www.nycdisplays.com and www.roxydisplay.com.

Believe it or not, I have gotten some high quality mannequins on ebay, average cost $150.

Just type in "male mannequin" (or female) and sort by price. If you have some patience, you might be able to win an auction for as low as $100-120.

Take Chucky's advice and use your noggin about anatomical correctness. You get what you pay for, so watch out for sagging shoulders, weird torsos, legs spread unnaturally, unnatural hands or stuck together fingers. Also beware of heights, as some mannequins can be 6'3, 6'4.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back