Where can I buy S. Hayes kits

JehdinThwei

I have seen his work via paint ups by others, and a couple of old threads on PredatorStuff, but is there currently a resource to purchase S. Hayes kits?

Thanks in advance.

I have seen his work via paint ups by others, and a couple of old threads on PredatorStuff, but is there currently a resource to purchase S. Hayes kits?
Thanks in advance.

No current outlet, as his kits sell out quickly when they are released.

He IS still producing, in association with Wataru at monsterz.net, but their next collaboration will not be a Pred.

Recasts exist, so you have to be careful when buying on the secondary market.

Your best bet is to set up an eBay notification search, and double check legitimacy here, on the HIVE or The Clubhouse (via PM if you prefer) prior to purchasing off someone you don't know.

You could also try contacting Mark Dzurnak at Nightmare Collectibles - he sometimes has stock - if you want contact details I will PM them to you.

Shame you didn't post this 2 weeks ago as there was an eBay auction asking only $200 for both his P2 with disc weapon AND the re-release with the disc & collapsed spear. Normally, EACH of these would be around the $200 mark.

BTW - are there any in particular that you are interested in?

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive response.

This is the one I am looking for. I am not sure what the official name of the piece is, but I have it listed as "Greyback"

greybackh.jpg.png

No worries - that's what were here for

The official title of this kit was "The Stranger".

Without doubt the best rendition of the P2 elder in existance as a kit.

It has been released 3 times, I think in edtions of around 50 each time. The last time was about 4 years ago if I remember correctly. You can tell each release/re-release apart because the box art and the parts for the kit breakdown differ.

No worries - that's what were here for

The official title of this kit was "The Stranger".

Without doubt the best rendition of the P2 elder in existance as a kit.

It has been released 3 times, I think in edtions of around 50 each time. The last time was about 4 years ago if I remember correctly. You can tell each release/re-release apart because the box art and the parts for the kit breakdown differ.

I think that the last release was two years ago my friend, with hand custed on the chest and hellpainter paint up on the box!!!

m

Mark D. at Nightmare Collectibles is your man, PM me for his contact info. if you don't have it already. Once you get yourself an S. Hayes kit...it's over, done deal, you'll be hooked, I wish he was still doing Predator kits.

Spike, did I read correctly that S. Hayes is STILL in the game? DO TELL.

.... Once you get yourself an S. Hayes kit...it's over, done deal, you'll be hooked, I wish he was still doing Predator kits. Spike, did I read correctly that S. Hayes is STILL in the game? DO TELL.

Yeah - Shiraiwa is still sculpting. He's a great artist but until he joined forces with Wataru, the quality of casting on his kits (via himself, Superedge or Nayuta) was a bit hit-and-miss - both for original and subsequent releases. The most common issue was hundreds of tiny pinholes all over kits.

However, Wataru is one of the best casters in the game, and stuff where he and Shiraiwa have teamed up is perfect.

They have a kit that should be coming out later this year, but it's not a Predator, and I have not yet been given the OK to share publicly.

Nice, just hearing that he's still in the game is good times. I hope he does another Predator related kit in the future, I wish he'd do more custom stuff like the Dark Hunter, which is probably one of, if not my favorite kit of all time.

I own this kit, and my only complaint was the way that the figure was integrated into the base. It would have been much better had you been able to just pin it to the base. I prefer high quality wooden plaque bases myself, and that's not possible since his feet have extra resin casted to them. Other than that, it is a fine piece.

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive response.

This is the one I am looking for. I am not sure what the official name of the piece is, but I have it listed as "Greyback"

greybackh.jpg.png
Yeah its called the Stranger I have one still in the box and I have a few other of his kits that was when he was still sculpting for Superedge before they went out of buisness.

Are you willing to part with it?
It would take one heck of a offer this is the third one Ive had and I sold all of them before I got around to painting them. As a matter of fact I got this one from Mark D. It was the last one he had and he had a hard time finding it. I have the Hunter of Darkness 2 kit listing in the forsale section. One of the nicest P1 kits out there well atleast as far as Im concerned. I also got one of the Dark Hunter +2 the one based on the concept predator in the ADI book. I also got that from Mark D. all of those kits according to Mark and Dan Richard are becoming difficult to find.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back