What Parts was used to make the laser cannon tower gun

The base of the guns are made from the 1/15 Bandai Stug IV wheels.

These......

12_stug.jpg

What about the barrel? Am I seeing any parts from the saturn V model? Or maybe off an jet airplane, engines.

Last edited:
Good eyes you guys! I don't know how you guys do it(ID parts),but please don't stop! This is what helps make this website more interesting!

Are there 1/72 Scorpion tank turrets at the base of the guns? Bottom left of attached picture from Studioscale looks close.

4.jpg

Forget 1/72nd scale, I've just seen into the box and it's waaaay too small. Does anyone make a 1/35th Scimitar/Scorpion?

Cheers, JT

Here are some better pics of the guns from the MIG kit. I'm planning on doing an accurate one of these....one day (to replace the stylised one I did a few years back)

0137124.jpeg

0267434.jpeg

0533429.jpeg

There seems to be an additional ring around them, about half way down on the miniature.

Neil

Last edited:
Aurora M8 carrier
Aurora Sealab
X-wing R2 strip (on top, in between the guns)
1/48 Bandai Panther
1/76 Fujimi Jeep
T-strip

I took more than a hundred pics of this tower at the Brussels exhibit about a year ago. I'll upload them at RI in a week or so

Wow! Great project!
Now that you guys have brought this up, I can't remember ever seeing a DS-cannon model at all.
Would surely make a sweet display...:)

I've always wondered about these kit parts (see pic). I cannot recall seeing them on other SW builds. Anyone here know what they are ? Looks like a larger scale, 1/25 or bigger.

I know this is a old thread sorry to bump if nto allowed.

Does anyone have a ref pic of the part used for the cannon (1/32 mig engine) next to a ruler? I am going to machine some barrels out of alluminum and I need to know what the dimensions on them are.

Thanks for any help guys!

Ashton

I know this is a old thread sorry to bump if nto allowed.

Does anyone have a ref pic of the part used for the cannon (1/32 mig engine) next to a ruler? I am going to machine some barrels out of alluminum and I need to know what the dimensions on them are.

Thanks for any help guys!

Ashton

Here you go :

turretcannons.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back