What is this quote from?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have no idea what this is from, but there was a movie or show where a guy gets injured, he was British, and he says something like "Oh dear, I seem to have sprung a leak." He says it very deadpan and every time I cut myself I think of it, but I don't have the slightest idea where it's from.

Did Paul Bettany say it in Hardcore Henry?
Was Paul Bettany even in Hardcore Henry?
It also sounds like something someone might have said in A Bridge Too Far.
I agree, it sounds familiar. I've heard it before. I don't remember where, though.

Last edited:
There was a youtube video about a British officer or general who said something similar about losing his leg when it was shot off by a cannonball.

I have no idea what this is from, but there was a movie or show where a guy gets injured, he was British, and he says something like "Oh dear, I seem to have sprung a leak." He says it very deadpan and every time I cut myself I think of it, but I don't have the slightest idea where it's from.
I am not sure why, but I seem to think it might be from the original Muppet Show. I have a vague rememberance of an actor with the Mupptes, and he says it in a skit. I wonder how to search that without watching the whole series.

If it's the Muppets, which I haven't seen since the 80s, that would be hilarious.

It's driving me nuts, because I can almost hear the person saying it, but I have no context for where I heard it.

I was thinking it was European Vacation, the scene where Chevy Chase is driving in London and accidentally drives over Eric Idle, I just looked it up and although similar, that isn’t it.

Very funny scene though!

Well, not from a movie, but found this on youtube, uploaded December 7th, 2022.
At least its the right quote, so maybe they are quoting the movie/show you are looking for.
It doesn't say, so I already asked as a comment. See if they answer.

I immediately thought of that scene from European Vacation where Chevy Chase knocked over Eric Idle on the bicycle. I don't recall the dialogue though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back