What is this jacket?

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by BlindSquirrel, Feb 18, 2006.

1. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would like to make a B.P.R.D. jacket like in the Hellboy comic but I'm having trouble finding something that I can modify. It seems that Hellboy wears a long duster but other BPRD members (Liz, Abe & Roger) have a short jacket version of it. It's hard to tell from Mike Mignola's highly stylized artwork but they seem to be made out canvas or denim rather than leather.

[​IMG]

Any guesses?

2. moviebuff5

moviebuff5 Well-Known Member

With the amount of creasing the coat is exhibiting I would guess a light weight cotton like the Blade Runner coat.

3. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

The Van Helsing costume pattern is VERY close, you can find it art your local fabric store, if ya cant I have an extra one if you need it

4. defyitall

defyitall Sr Member

According to my Art of Hellboy book, in which there is the one and only Hellboy model sheet by Mignola, he says that the jacket is canvas and the collar is leather.

5. BlindSquirrel

BlindSquirrel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome. Thanks for the info, guys.

6. mwells

mwells Well-Known Member

In the movie I know for fact that the entire outside of the trench coat is leather for sure. It is lined with a pin stripped material inside just like on the sidshow deluxe maquette that was made. The patches on the coat are also leather it is very heavy probally 20 pound or so I own a screen worn coat and thought I was going to break my back putting it on. Very heavy and well made.

7. mtsbspidey

mtsbspidey Well-Known Member

it always seemed to be canvas with a leather collar to me....oh and by the way...here's a shameless plug...skott

8. Jayn

Jayn Sr Member