What is this jacket?

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would like to make a B.P.R.D. jacket like in the Hellboy comic but I'm having trouble finding something that I can modify. It seems that Hellboy wears a long duster but other BPRD members (Liz, Abe & Roger) have a short jacket version of it. It's hard to tell from Mike Mignola's highly stylized artwork but they seem to be made out canvas or denim rather than leather.

bprd.jpg

Any guesses?

According to my Art of Hellboy book, in which there is the one and only Hellboy model sheet by Mignola, he says that the jacket is canvas and the collar is leather.

In the movie I know for fact that the entire outside of the trench coat is leather for sure. It is lined with a pin stripped material inside just like on the sidshow deluxe maquette that was made. The patches on the coat are also leather it is very heavy probally 20 pound or so I own a screen worn coat and thought I was going to break my back putting it on. Very heavy and well made.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back