What have you found out new on predators dvd

akafighter408

after watching the dvd and listening to the commentary I found out what killed the black guy. I remember there was a forum on this, and what they said in the commentary was that he was shot with somthing and then it shot the spikes out of him. if you watch it in slow motion you can see him getting shot with it and then the spikes shooting out of him and lifting him up. also they where saying how short of time they had to make the predators, im geussing this is why the origanal predators inside mouth never closed and the mandibles never close like in P1. these are just things I have noticed is there anything else you might have found out hit me back

My theory on how Mombasa died is that the Tusk Predator took him out. If you freeze the frame where he's suspended in the air...you can see 2 Predator spears going through him. I dont think he was shot with something. i think it was the Tusk Pred cloaked. The other thing that makes me believe that is because when Royce see's the Predators eyes, there are only 2 standing there.

As to why Noland exploded....I have no clue. Maybe due to how close the Tusk Predator was standing? Maybe the Tusk Predator had a different type of plasma canon.

Another thing that I have been picking at is the holes in Noland's survival. Killing 3 or more Preds, and hiding his heat signature completely. They never show a complete armor that he wears, only the chest piece. Are we to assume he has that for his legs as well?

I just think its a little far fetched to think he would have actually survived. I love the Noland part in the film because it brings alot of explanation to the story but that was my only issue.

I wish we could have seen the Tusk Predator using the whistle or interacting with the Predadogs.

I learned that the new predators plasma cannon spins and warms up before shooting. Didnt catch that when I saw it in the theater.

And Im pretty sure that when it shows an above shot of Mombasa there are 2 spears criss-crossed in the ground that are stuck into him.

I remember Noland saying that the armor simply 'broke up' the heat signature. If they're looking for humans, then they may just bypass some apparently unattached limbs.

I also thought that Mombasa just sprung a trap. I'll have to watch it again.

I know they look like spears but in the commentary nimrod and robert where saying how they wanted some new kills and that's what they came up with if you watch it you see him get shot in the stomich with something and then you can see the spikes shooting out of him later. That's why it lifts him off his feet because they're. Shooting into the ground. It sucks that the dvd version didn't come with the deleted scenes trying to find out if the explain anything else.

I know they look like spears but in the commentary nimrod and robert where saying how they wanted some new kills and that's what they came up with if you watch it you see him get shot in the stomich with something and then you can see the spikes shooting out of him later. That's why it lifts him off his feet because they're. Shooting into the ground. It sucks that the dvd version didn't come with the deleted scenes trying to find out if the explain anything else.

X2. Nimrod and Rodriguez said Mombasa was shot with a projectile that sent points "out of him". It's not open to debate

you can see it in the extras lying on the table of the production crew, i screen capped it but it's really hard to make out..

the Pred-Battle Axe...

KNB and sideshow should make it and call it "da chopper"

AM

I remember Noland saying that the armor simply 'broke up' the heat signature. If they're looking for humans, then they may just bypass some apparently unattached limbs.

I also thought that Mombasa just sprung a trap. I'll have to watch it again.

as long as he wasn't noticed he could move as background fauna possibly.

you can't make it out in the movie but Noland also has plates of the same armor attached on the outside of the bottom of his shirt.

you can see it in this pic.

PRED-153-1.jpg

X2. Nimrod and Rodriguez said Mombasa was shot with a projectile that sent points "out of him". It's not open to debate :p

LOL...talk about a mood kill....LOL

I guees that discussion is put to rest....maybe they shouldnt have panned back so far to where you can see them coming out of the ground. LOL

Damn commentary.... :popcorn:

I agree though that it was dissapointing there were no deleted scenes. I can imagine all the extra footage left on the cutting room floor. also the Comic Book short films that explain Isabella and Mombasa were lacking if you ask me. Royce and Edwin are far more interesting characters to dive into if you are going to do a back story like that.

I havent tackled the commentary yet. I will tomorrow.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back