What Halloween props are you working on now?

franz bolo

Sr Member
My son wants to be a knight so I'm making a Flail, Sword and Shield. My wife will sew the costume. Here's the Flail so far. I still have to stain and weather the handle.

flail01.jpg

FB

Sonic Screwdriver, TARDIS key, Scarf, and K-9 for my 4th Doctor costume.

Just finished a crow masquerade style mask for the wife.

I'll be starting a pair of moccasin over-shoes for my daughter this evening.

Very cool Flail! Are you going to add spikes?

Thanks! I was but I don't know what to use for the spikes that aren't dangerous. any Ideas? I could use candy corn!! :lol

Here are the sketches I made for the pieces.

flail05.jpg

Here's the prototype next to the final version.
flail04.jpg

FB

Hi Franz - Cool Flail! :thumbsup

We usually end up with a phenominal number of trick-or-treaters come by our house - around 350, while the next street over may get 25. But to go with my Prof Snape costume and my wife's Prof McGonagall costume we do a Hogwarts theme to the front porch of our house.

It helps that the house has a circular tower:
View attachment 36780
There's Malfoy the ferret and Wormtail the rat.

View attachment 36781
Nagani is guarding the fountain and Hedwig is delivering a letter. Still working on the patronus.

View attachment 36779
Various spiders, bats, and owls. There are fives bats strung up to the porch fan that spin rather comically!

This has been a lot of fun!

ATL

Last edited:
I had an awesome idea for safe fun chain mail.... use the plastic bread bag clips, a few hundred sprayed silver would make an awesome chain skirt.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back