What do you all do with your Iron Man suits?

The14thDr

Sr Member
Okay, so I'm working on an Iron Man suit, and I was wondering what to do with my suit once it was complete. So aside from conventions, what do you all use your armours for? Do you just put them on and go to the shops or keep them for display until the Cons?

------ The14thDr ------

Children's Charity Fundraisers (St. Baldricks, Mall Walks, Make-a-Wish events), Children's Hospital Visits, Free Comic Book Day, the possibilities are endless. Just look around your community!

This should be an interesting thread! Personally i just keep it at display, only wore it once because it is so much work taking it on and off the mannequin. Im thinking of taking it to the aou premiere though!

I have already had requests to go to my local Comic Book shop after the Con for a day. I'm also wearing my Suit to the release of the new Avengers movie on opening night, a friend who is the manager asked me too, thought that might be kind of cool. I would say do whatever you want with it, I know a lot of people just sell them, don't think I could do that one myself. Maybe upgrades or improvements. I'm getting a new suit from FOD for my Scarlet Spider, that way I can make it that much better. Looking back on it the Airbrush was kind of cheesy but I still love it for my 1st build.

I'm also wearing my Suit to the release of the new Avengers movie on opening night, a friend who is the manager asked me too, thought that might be kind of cool.
See,that would never fly here in Europe.People just don't have that 'feel' with (Super)heroism,except at Conventions.Here,they would just flat out laugh at you,whereas in the States,where the superheroes originate from,it would be appreciated and even encouraged (how I envy you).But I would definitely volunteer for cheering up kids at a hospital.

See,that would never fly here in Europe.People just don't have that 'feel' with (Super)heroism,except at Conventions.Here,they would just flat out laugh at you,whereas in the States,where the superheroes originate from,it would be appreciated and even encouraged (how I envy you).But I would definitely volunteer for cheering up kids at a hospital.
If folks just accept the current culture around them then nothing changes and people will look and laugh. But if more and more folks try and things begin to change. I think you are in a position that a lot of people would appreciate because to see the change in the culture and the acceptance of it would be inspiring...GM

Well,the Superhero genre is getting more and more popular with the current movies that are being brought out and all,so if there would be a time to put on a suit,now would be good.

Last edited:
I have already spoken to the local children's cancer ward and they would love to have The Thing come visit them. My sons will be going with me as well, as Iron Man and Dr. Doom. Both have multiple cosplay suits.
As already mentioned there are many charitable reasons to don the old Iron Man suit again.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back