Whant to make Rick O'Connell's Weapons Bag from the mummy and may need help and advis

Denelz

Hi!

To begin with, just a short presentation of myself. I'm Daniel and live in sweden. due to english not being my native languige and that i do have dyslexia, I apologies in advance for anny misspelins and grammatical errors.

Now to the subject, I whant to make Rick O'Connel's weapons bag from the mummy. Ever sense I saw the movie I've been obsessed with toll rolls and simular.
when i saw that the original screan used prop was for sale my hart kinda sunk, then i saw that it had alredy been sold XD (cryes a bit inside), so that's the moment i desided to build my own.

I'm not an experienst prop maker, not by a long shott, but i really do whant to own this bag so whatever it takes I'm gonna make my own.

Now to the part I will need help with, I don't have the mesurgment. I've stumbeled upon numerous mesurgments but dont know wich is the true and wich ones are the false ones.
the seving teknicks is not a problem but help to identifying different fabricks, threads, hardveare and simular are aprusiated.

- do anny one know what kind of canvise and leather they used to make it???
- where can i get the buckles for this???
- are there anny one with info about this prop???
- who owns it now??? (the screen used one)
- where do i begin??? (what part do i do first)
this list goes on and I'm going to add to it as times goes.

I've gathered a cople of references both from the move and aswell as from the screen used action (https://www.screenused.com/?sectionID=item-detail&subsectionID=index.cfm&item_id=3903)

these pictures below are soly boroved from the screen used website due to my refferences that I toock is not of anny high quality
mummy_weapons_bag_1.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_2.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_3.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_5.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_7.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_8.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_10.jpgmummy_weapons_bag_12.jpg

Thanks for all your help and for the time if you have reed all this ^^
//Daniel

EDIT: I'm atm scetching the design of the bag, I'm almoust done. when I'm done I will rpobabely upload the scetches for all of you to jydg ^^

Last edited:
Re: Whant to make Rick O'Connell's Weapons Bag from the mummy and may need help and a

asked the people over att screen used if they had anny additional pictures or anny measurments.
just got the answer... they had not ='(

Re: Whant to make Rick O'Connell's Weapons Bag from the mummy and may need help and a

This subject has come up a few times and no one has found an answer.

artsee1 use to make and sell complete sets but apparently doesn't any more.
He has been hanging out in the DC costuming section, maybe you could ask him for some help.

If not then the best thing to do is use a common object as a measuring stick to scale out the whole thing.
Item's that are easy to ID would be the shotgun shells and the pistols.

This subject has come up a few times and no one has found an answer.

artsee1 use to make and sell complete sets but apparently doesn't any more.
He has been hanging out in the DC costuming section, maybe you could ask him for some help.

If not then the best thing to do is use a common object as a measuring stick to scale out the whole thing.
Item's that are easy to ID would be the shotgun shells and the pistols.

I'm actually trying to find out who made it and ask them.

the person/persons who made it works/workt eather for Dick George Creativs or angels.

I'm still waiting for answers. I'll ceap updating ^^
//Daniel

Ok Denelz, I know it is been a long time. I found this and I can help you. Also I'm making one myself. Start with waxed 10oz duck canvas.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back