Westworld (HBO)

Season one great.

I finished season 2, one of the biggest struggles I've gone through in watching a series. I kept saying to myself, it has to get better, it just has to. What a massive mistake, by the 3rd episode all hope was lost. I should've stopped there or skipped it entirely as no one I talked to gave it good reviews. This is why when people make comments about any show or film such as " you have to give it a fair chance" inferring that in order to know whether or not content is good we need to suffer through all or most of it no matter how bad it is to be "fair." No, what we need to do is trust our instincts.

I won't watch season 3 so I don't think attempting to watch season 4 is a good idea even if it turns out to be well done. But for those who have endured, hats off to you and I hope the rest of the series is stellar.

Season one great.

I finished season 2, one of the biggest struggles I've gone through in watching a series. I kept saying to myself, it has to get better, it just has to. What a massive mistake, by the 3rd episode all hope was lost. I should've stopped there or skipped it entirely as no one I talked to gave it good reviews. This is why when people make comments about any show or film such as " you have to give it a fair chance" inferring that in order to know whether or not content is good we need to suffer through all or most of it no matter how bad it is to be "fair." No, what we need to do is trust our instincts.

I won't watch season 3 so I don't think attempting to watch season 4 is a good idea even if it turns out to be well done. But for those who have endured, hats off to you and I hope the rest of the series is stellar.
I think giving up on a show you no longer enjoy is effectively a “skill” that needs to be learned.

For a long time I’d just keep watching shows that I no longer found entertaining or interesting for two reasons:
1. It was just habit
2. I almost felt like, well, I liked this for three years, if I just stop now then I wasted all that time.

I know a lot of other people like this as well. They’ll keep watching a show but every week I’ll hear them talk about how it’s just not the same, or how they don’t really enjoy it any more.

When I finally taught myself that it was okay to stop watching something I didn’t enjoy any more, I was pretty amazed at how much more TIME I had to do other things. I pretty quickly realized I had been watching a LOT of stuff for a LONG time just because I always had watched it.

It’s okay to give up on something if you no longer like it. It’s okay to just stop in the middle of a season.

There’s simply too much good stuff out there to waste time watching something we don’t like out of some weird sense of duty or loyalty.

I think giving up on a show you no longer enjoy is effectively a “skill” that needs to be learned.

For a long time I’d just keep watching shows that I no longer found entertaining or interesting for two reasons:
1. It was just habit
2. I almost felt like, well, I liked this for three years, if I just stop now then I wasted all that time.

I know a lot of other people like this as well. They’ll keep watching a show but every week I’ll hear them talk about how it’s just not the same, or how they don’t really enjoy it any more.

When I finally taught myself that it was okay to stop watching something I didn’t enjoy any more, I was pretty amazed at how much more TIME I had to do other things. I pretty quickly realized I had been watching a LOT of stuff for a LONG time just because I always had watched it.

It’s okay to give up on something if you no longer like it. It’s okay to just stop in the middle of a season.

There’s simply too much good stuff out there to waste time watching something we don’t like out of some weird sense of duty or loyalty.
I'm having the same problem with Doctor Who. I've pretty much watched it since the 1970's and have liked most of it and don't want to give up on it but it is getting harder and harder to keep going.

There are series that should be well written and wrap up in one or two seasons max. But too many go forever, and the plot is getting thinner and boring.

Super happy with episode two as well.

Thandie Newton is killing it this season.

We learned that Christina certainly is in some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

Most importantly…though…WE ARE BACK IN A PARK!!!!!!

I feel like they’re really trying to reign in the weirdness that they gave us for two seasons. This season seems “smaller” to me. Like they realized that expanding their story from the park to the world ended up being maybe a bit too ambitious.

Overall these first two episodes have really impressed me.

First two episodes have got me interested, though I was never a huge fan of the "evil robots taking over the world" trope that it was starting to lean into (and seems to have gone completely into this season) when the original pitch for the show was "what if the robots were the good guys?"
It's such a departure with them now being the driving antagonistic, and rather cruel, force.
I've got a baaaaaad feeling that all the hosts in this new park are actually human controlled/re-written by those fly things. The fact they can control people now also makes me wonder if the man in black scene we got at the start of the episode was real William instead of host William—having him carry out tasks instead of making their kind do that stuff.

With Christine... Someone has obviously recreated some of the original hosts from the park—Clementine, Teddy, Dolores (as Christine). Was this done by Maeve during the war, since MIB asked Clementine where Maeve was, some pre-programmed Ford thing, were they created out of sentiment by Charlotte/Dolores, created somehow by Bernard? Definitely interesting to see how this will play out.

Last thing... Did Cal die at the light house? Is it possible he's now a host? They're being a bit vague about what happened there.

Really liked the latest episode. It had the season 1 vibe going for it and I loved the way Maeve was critiquing how the hosts were playing their parts. Apparently they were supposed to be poor imitations of the original hosts.

So, am I the only one still watching this? I thought there would be some comments on the last couple of episodes.
I watched seasons 1 & 2, but just recently got HBO Max again. I watched a couple recap videos this morning & started season 3. Depending on the time, I hope to finish 3 & catch up on 4 by Friday.

So…

Teddy has to be part of the resistance, right?

We are clearly playing with timelines again, and the way Teddy was talking, he’s obviously aware of who/what he is.

I’m guessing that the resistance is trying to get the hosts from season 1 all back online?

Teddy seemed like he was trying to see how aware “Christina” is of everything.”

This episode was a bit heavy on dialogue driven exposition, but I liked that they seemed to cover a lot of ground regarding that in just one episode.

Is it possible that going forward we will get a more linear final few episodes this year?

So, am I the only one still watching this? I thought there would be some comments on the last couple of episodes.
I've stayed away as too many other series got in the way but now caught up with E4 and oh my what a ride...
Maeve is easily the best character with All the witty lines and kick Ass to boot.
No Spoilers but I was like oh, what.. Hell Yeah! throughout the episode..
Only downer was the Sound mix which has been much better than S3 which needed subtitles and been great till E4 where characters sounded muffled at times.. It might be Sky Atlantic at fault though..

I'm still finding plenty of meat on the Bone but then the OG is still a favourite as was Yul Brynner.
Future world with PFonder not so..

Oh and the Vintage Tunes are back!

Last edited:
Haha midway through this weeks episode I was writing down a theory I would post here after the episode was done that Christina was already living in a world where Charlotte won and humans are fully infected and controlled (and that's why her stories are becoming real with real people) and that maybe Bernard was even traveling with Caleb's daughter... BUT no reason to theorize when that's confirmed at the end of the episode! Curses, I can't claim I was right when I have no proof that I predicted that!

Granted, I guess we don't have confirmation on what's going on with Christina, and why she's seeing the spire/questioning what it is with those things being out in the open?

For a while I thought she might be in the Valley Beyond, and they were all previous hosts (and that's why Teddy was there) but I broke out of that line of reasoning because there was no different aspect ratio and as soon as her roommate talked about a nightmare with flies it clicked that the world, in Christina's timeline, were already infected.

So maybe Charlotte is bringing back her people from the Valley Beyond now that she feels the world is safe for them? Making humans live out the stories that Christina, and others of her kind, are writing?

The whole "machines take over the world" trope is still tiresome, but this is taking it in a direction that's interesting and I'm very curious where it's going next.
I also think it's kind of funny the way they've been replacing real people of power in the beginning is pretty much from "Futureworld."

Something I do appreciate about season 3, and now season 4, is that the writing and storyline still feels very Crichton in a lot of ways. I could totally see him writing a story with subject matter like this and last season's Rehoboam (beyond the robots, obviously), and the way they had they had the black and white divergences in the Rehoboam system at the start of episodes reminded me a lot of the way Crichton had "Iterations" and "Configurations" split up Jurassic Park and The Lost World.

Granted... Rehoboam goes against everything that is chaos theory in that comparison... but I digress...

Not my favorite episode. I guess I was hoping that with only 3 episodes left in the season after this one we would get a little more action and just maybe start to get some answers.

Enjoyed the episode and Trent managed to shoe horn The Day the world went away Tune..
Great to see Teddy both back and with a sense of purpose, not just picking up a can.. I am half expecting his death as always in his narrative unless Dolores re writes it.
At long last we get to see Ed Harris character The Man in Black question who where and why....
I wonder if there is a Young William somewhere in the park?

Finding this series more back on track and the TR music is gorgeous as always..
I really like the aesthetic of the show it reminds me of the Ps3 game Mirrors Edge.
Three more Episodes and we still need to see Mauves regeneration..

I am wondering if the Master Architect will re emerge to either..
1. Gather up his Artificial Friends.
Or
2. Send them in them to their Graves.

We have such sights to show you... RB

This was a weird episode for me.

It started off very poorly. The whole bit with Hale and the people dancing was just…awful. I feel that literally any other way that they’d have chosen for her to show that she’s a “god” would’ve played better than making people dance, then saying “chair” and awkwardly sitting on several people’s laps. Just, cringe worthy.

That said, Ed Harris in this episode was masterful. Really interested to see where they have roboMIB go from here.

I also liked that we finally moved forward a bit with the Christina story. I’m still not 100% sure what is going on there, but it was nice to see her kind of waking up.

I do feel like this season started out very strongly, but has kind of slowly crept back into confusing mumbo jumbo quite often. Like, I would have really enjoyed seeing just a straight story this year, without any weird time jumps. I guess maybe that’s just asking too much.

This was a weird episode for me.

It started off very poorly. The whole bit with Hale and the people dancing was just…awful. I feel that literally any other way that they’d have chosen for her to show that she’s a “god” would’ve played better than making people dance, then saying “chair” and awkwardly sitting on several people’s laps. Just, cringe worthy.

That said, Ed Harris in this episode was masterful. Really interested to see where they have roboMIB go from here.

I also liked that we finally moved forward a bit with the Christina story. I’m still not 100% sure what is going on there, but it was nice to see her kind of waking up.

I do feel like this season started out very strongly, but has kind of slowly crept back into confusing mumbo jumbo quite often. Like, I would have really enjoyed seeing just a straight story this year, without any weird time jumps. I guess maybe that’s just asking too much.
I think that was The point.. The absurdity and benal of it all, they don't have the ability to truly live with out their creators and Hale has been doing this for 23 years was it, she was showing William how tired bored she was and at the same time having to contend with rogue hosts going kill crazy and not as sending which we don't really know what that is yet.
They mentioned being made in the Makers image and seem to be limited to only a fraction of their Makers imagination hence the need to be connected to them?
It seems only Dolores has the ability to construct new stories and as Dr Ford said

You can't play God without being acquainted with the Devil

I don't think the hosts have an actual virus not in the physical sense anyway and I wonder if it's not deep rooted Coda placed by Dr Ford, who I think is going to make a return to guide Bernard ( If he's not doing that already)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back