Westworld Costume Thread

Finally think I'm going to jump in and start making my Dolores.

Since leatherwork is my primary focus just now, i decided to start with the belt. easy enough... since it's a Tandy blank. But i got SUPER lucky at a living history vendor show this past spring, picked up a belt buckle on a table for 5.00 without somehow recognizing what it was at the time. If I had realized then i'd have bought more.

36582386_10216279131707278_4164322796106678272_n.jpg

Finally think I'm going to jump in and start making my Dolores.

Since leatherwork is my primary focus just now, i decided to start with the belt. easy enough... since it's a Tandy blank. But i got SUPER lucky at a living history vendor show this past spring, picked up a belt buckle on a table for 5.00 without somehow recognizing what it was at the time. If I had realized then i'd have bought more.

View attachment 829121

Do you possibly remember the name of the vendor or the name of the show? ;)

Can anyone confirm if Chisholms Trail made the leather belts in Westworld? Or did they only provide the Dolores buckles? I shot them an email, but didn't exactly get a straight answer.

They might have made some, but Dolores' belt is from Tandy. I also know that some of the leather bits and bobs, along with several other props were made by a prop/costume house in LA.

Thank you Celtic! And to think they tried to upsell me an unfinished, unpainted belt for the amazingly low price of $125 with shipping! :lol:

I just don't understand why some vendors can't just be proud of what they contribute, instead of turning off potential customers through deception...

Yeah that's a little much for me, and I've gotten as accurate as I can get on my spectrum. This is the belt, and if you have an actualTandy store near you, they usually have this in stock: Embossed Floral Vine Belt Blank 1-1/2" (38 mm)

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I've opted to remake her main costume and use the old skirt for Wyatt Dolores.

I've gathered all remaining screen accurate bits I can possibly get as of late. The chemise lace I already had and found last spring through an online California store for only .95 a yard. It's since sold out as more of the community caught on, but you might be able to find it again searching 'Cluny lace'.

Then a friend ended up finding the the gimp trim and the chemise lace at a Tennessee fabric store for super cheap as well...after I hand dyed/painted 6+ yards of gimp trim last year :confused:.

A friend of her's also found the petticoat hem lace from a small fabric store in California. (The velvet trim is my original trim that I purchased from Mood.)

1.jpg

The replacement fabric I've found isn't 100%, and it isn't as dark in person, which is fine since her blue shapeshifts with the light as well. There was a costumer at Dragoncon this year who had pretty much the exact fabric, which she claims she found on Etsy. (I've searched and searched, all terms...as the fabric isn't 100% flocked swiss dot that we commonly see) and I can't even find the sold link to it.

Google Image search and reverse image searches have turned up little to nothing, so I went with this back up woven cotton that's already in a close color that I found through Etsy. The dots are a little too close, but they're not flocked and they're woven into the fabric like her's is.

The costume designer said that her fabric was a vintage bolt that they had to 3D Print replicate for her stunt double.

The costumes for this show were definitely all over the place and sourced out to multiple places. You'd think all the trimmings and such would be expensive, but I don't think I paid over $30 for all of her trimmings.

Here is my Teddy wardrobe. The hat is the authentic repro from Barron hats. Everything else is "close enough" alternatives, though the pants and vest are legit old west style garments that I purchased from Historical Emporium, as well as the holster (I'm wearing a decorative holster but will eventually get a plain one like worn in the show).
The gun is real, an authentic repro of the classic old west style Colt 45, made by Pietta Firearns.
I'd like to eventually upgrade to a more accurate coat, vest and shirt and if I can find an accurate neckerchief I'll be set!

Last edited:
Great Teddy!

And LOVE Historical Emporium. We used their striped western trousers for Hector. Also using them for faux bullets and a really good starter bandolier for Wyatt Dolores. It can be easily adapted into a more accurate version.

Just to let everyone know, I'm putting together a run for the Man in Black's coat and waistcoat fabrics, the latter hasn't been made available this way before so if you're interested please let me know in this thread below:

Emily’s hat is a little unusual compared to those worn by most other main characters, her hat is made of wool rather than rabbit or beaver fur, which are higher quality millinery options. After recently rewatching the series I was able to just about make out the brand name on the sweatband, from this it wasn’t too hard to track down the exact model. The hat is an Eddy Bros. Broken Arrow Outback Hat with the leather hatband removed. Given the use of wool felt this hat is significantly less expensive than a lot of the others used on the show, wool hats can often be identified by the seam present at the edge of the brim.

I’m going to start posting some of my costume observations on here, the ones for the Man in Black are on a thread just dedicated to him. The fabric run for his is sill going ahead so if anyone wants some screen accurate fabric let me know.

IMG_3460.jpg

After a lot of searching I’ve found some really great matches to Teddy’s waistcoat buttons. The ones I’ve found are pictured in the lower right, they’re 20mm in diameter so seem to be the same size as Teddy’s, his are a bit larger than typically used on waistcoats. I had to buy a heap of these to meet the supplier’s minimum order requirement so if anyone wants some they’ll be £2 per button. I’ve also posted about these in the Man in Black group run thread:

8CDC4CCF-2045-4D64-A1DF-4EDD578F9CC7.jpg

To anyone that's looking for Calebs Jackets in Season 3 the first leather jacket he wears is a John Varvatos leather zip front jacket.
He later wears a burgundy diesel jacket j-eiko. Finally in the final two episodes he wears the G star citishield slim jacket.

The fabric used for Teddy Flood’s trousers is a little unusual. From a distance it appears to be a grey denim type fabric from the vertical slubby streaks in the material, however on closer inspection the weave of the cloth is more suggestive of canvas. After quite a bit of searching I managed to find a material (bottom right) that appears to be a visual match for the screen worn fabric, right down to the colour, texture, and weave. In terms of design the trousers appear to be much the same as those worn by other male characters and a pretty standard design of the late 19th century (fishtail rear, frogmouth pockets, cinch belt, rear right welt pocket, etc).

If anyone wants any of this fabric send me a DM. The Man in Black fabric run (see the post before last) needs one or two more people onboard to go ahead so if you’re interested please let me know.

B51C831C-FA0E-4CB5-95D9-C3547D3E1140.jpg

Teddy's buckle looks exactly like the Gould & Goodrich 125-G (44mm belt width).

They have that distinctive slightly-rectangular look.

They're made in nickel plate and plain brass.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back