Wested offers again Ripley's leather jacket from ALIENS

Wested is a notoriously terrible vendor. It's sad really. I was over in the UK last year and got fitted for a jacket, gave them all the specs and everything, and the jacket I ended up getting was a massively oversized piece of crap. Their Indy jackets have improved from hundreds of fans nitpicking them until it became easier for them to listen than blow us off, but the rest of their work is frankly garbage. For a shop where only a few people do all the work in house, their QC is the worst.

The jacket is quite closer to the real thing as I can see. You could replace the ribbing and it should be fine. It's very frustrating trying to make an exact replica I know, nobody seems interested in making it the correct way unfortunately. Wested Ripley's jacket is no accurate at all so I decided to ask them to modify a standard A2 jacket but they always make it their own way. :confused
I also purchased original Reebok Alien Stomper a few years ago and BB6600. I hope one day Reebok will make the same ultra high-top sneakers used by Ripley! :D

SAM_0111.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and especially with all those great shots!

So I ended up buying a pair of Reebok 6600 shoes on ebay, they're still available in a few sizes now. The soles are basically correct, but I'll have to remake the uppers using the originals as a pattern, with modifications of course. I've also just now bought a jacket on ebay that is basically perfect, just the patch pockets are a bit larger than hers and of course it doesn't have the sleeve and breast pockets. The epaulettes, hand warmers, and back are all a really good match.

70's Men's Vintage Authentic Leather Bomber Jacket! No Reserve! | eBay

What do you think? I may replace all the ribbing down the line, as it looks a bit flimsy. Not the hardest fix in the world, though. I'll probably take care of that when I open it up to add the extra pockets. I agree that Weaver's jacket appeared to have shoulder pads, and I think this one might as well.

Are those two pairs of shoes the same size? It could just be the picture, but they look different. You've got a PM headed your way.

This is basically a modified A2 jacket because the Wested Ripley's jacket is everything but the one we see in the movie.
Wested Ripley's jacket storm flap is even placed on the wrong side (on my right side)!! Maybe because it's a woman's jacket? Who knows... So I went for a fully customized jacket and I guess it's the best way to solve this problem.

They forgot the epaulettes? And the extra pockets. Oh come on! :facepalm
For the rest, this is probably the most screen accurate Aliens jacket I've seen coming out of Wested.
So is this their new standard or what?

The storm flap placement is actually a British thing. The Indy jacket is the same way. It feels right to me, because I unzip the jacket with my right hand, and if the flap was the other way I'd have a hard time grabbing it.

They are almost the same size, BB6600 are a little higher
Alien Stomper is UK 7
BB6600 is UK 6,5

Sorry, what's a PM?

SAM_0112.jpg

Are those two pairs of shoes the same size? It could just be the picture, but they look different. You've got a PM headed your way.

A private message, your inbox is in the upper right corner, right under where it says "Welcome, giangibus."

The storm flap placement is actually a British thing. The Indy jacket is the same way.

You weirdos! :lol
;-)

Yeah, it's the same story with the Indiana Jones jacket. Buyers from America complains about the zipper placement forgetting that these films were all shot in the UK with costumes made in the UK.
It's not just a British thing though, the whole Europe has the zipper the way British jackets have.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back